cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Kezzabne
New Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

@juzdu Agree; however teh support & case manager decided it was the modem and replacing it would 100% fix the issue. I had explained in my opinion it was the NBN or the NBN box not the modem. When it drops outs rebooting the modem doesn't fix the issue, it requires the NBN box to be rebooted. However, to progress it through the system I need to follow their recommendations if I want this to be resolved. As I stated I am back on teh old one and hoping for a firmware update so I can use the new one. This is ongoing for weeks and very frustrating

0 Kudos
Contributor DarrenH
Contributor

Received this modem almost a week ago.  It is so so much better than my previous Sagemcom.

Much faster wifi and drops outs? What are they?

Well done Optus, excellent work.

0 Kudos
New Contributor badwiring
New Contributor

Yeah if you could let me change the DNS server settings so I can use my pi-hole with this thing that'd be great. I really don't see why the user should be locked out of so many options here.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Jay_Ball
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom 5366TN: Upload speed limit?

I received the 5366TN router. It works very well except for one thing:

The upload speed is limited to 20Mpbs although I am on the speed pack 4 (100Mbps DL/40Mbps UL). I tried to plug my laptop directly to the NBN connection box and I got 38 Mbps UL speed. It seems that the  5366TN is limiting the UL speed. BTW the DL speed is great (90-98Mbps).

Any solutions? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Contributor juzdu
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN: Upload speed limit?

That's weird. I'm getting 94/37 this morning and have always gotten similar since getting my 5366TN.
Are you hard wired to the 5366 when only getting 20 upload, or wifi?
What kind of NBN do you have, HFC, FTTH etc?
0 Kudos
Contributor shizzy
Contributor

@Jay ball I know the answer as same thing happened with me. You will have to call them or chat maybe a few times to argue that your speed specifically upload speed has not been provisioned correctly. Eventually someone will realise this and attempt to fix it or log a case to fix it whereby a few days later you can reboot modem also reset router for it to work as expected.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Juzdu! I am on HFC. Yes, when I connected my laptop directly to 5366TN using a network cable, I only got 20 Mbps upload, but got 38 Mbps UL using the same laptop connected to the NBN connection box through the same network cable.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you shizzy. I will do.
0 Kudos
Contributor juzdu
Contributor

Hang on...surely the speed is set at the NBN end, not by the modem/router, right?  I mean you can BYO router so they can't be speed limiting via the 5366.

I can understand if Optus has provisioned the wrong upload speed, but how would plugging directly into the Arris modem increase that speed??

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

You are right that the speed is set at the NBN end. I believe that Optus has made provision for 40mbps UL, but for certain reason some default/original setting in the 5366 limits the UL speed (perhaps QoS?) But Optus does not open these settings for the end users to make any changes. I guess Optus may be able to remotely change these settings?

I will use another router to replace 5366 to verify my hypothesis.

@shizzy 

0 Kudos