cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
optimistnz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN: Second restart of 5366TN required after power outage to fix Internet

FIXED BY ENABLING AT LEAST ONE WIFI NIC ON SAGEM ROUTER
I had disabled all the wifi adapters on the Sagem Optus router (because I was using the R8000 Wifi exclusively), renabling just one of these fixed the issue. I believe that now the Sagem Router boots with NAT Routing enabled, due to the active working wifi NIC being present during bootup.
DavidHarvey
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN: Second restart of 5366TN required after power outage to fix Internet

@optimistnz in my set up the wi-fi's are disabled. But if what you have works and the wi-fi is enabled but there are no connections then it's a waste of time to find out why.

optimistnz
Contributor
Contributor

@DavidHarvey what network router do you have?
0 Kudos
DavidHarvey
Contributor
Contributor

@optimistnz I have a TP-Link Archer A6. The original Optus supplied device was a F@ST3864AC and I configured it above the Archer as follows:-

Network Sagemcom F@ST3864AC.png

This set up had the Wi-Fi disabled on the F@ST3864AC and the only configuration after a "factory reset" would be to reserve the IP Address 192.168.0.2 for the Archer and the Web Server ports to that same IP Address. The Web Server could be viewed and maintained on the internal net work as the F@ST3864AC could accommodate loopback (hair pinning) so the set up kept Optus support on board.

However when Optus support sent me a F@ST5366TN it was confirmed by Sagemcom that default loopback was not a feature on the device. Such is life but it's not a "show stopper" so the F@ST6366TN was relegated as follows:-

Network Archer A6.png

As you can see there have been other devices added over time as the Home Network expands. There are two things that must be kept in mind under this approach. Firstly there is limited (effectively none) Optus support so I have the cables set so I can switch back if the need arises. The only downside is lack the up loopback but on the upside Optus can perform all their tests without challenging the user set up. Secondly it should be noted that the F@ST5366TN must first be connected to the NBN box in order to register (phone) with Optus. After this the Wi-Fi can be disabled before it is powered off and reconnected Archer LAN to F@ST5366TN WAN.

Also in the above diagram I have only shown the Reserved IP Address from the Archer for the F@ST5366TN but in reality it is still a router capable of devices connected to its network of 192.168.0.0/24.  

optimistnz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @DavidHarvey,
1) I suspect that the 3864AC -> Archer A6, doesn't have the same issue that I experienced in this thread with the 5366TN -> R8000 (potentially your Archer boots faster than the R8000 or something like that), hence I probably need Wifi enabled on my 5366TN while you don't on your 3864AC 🙂
2) I read from your post, that the 5366TN needs to be registered on the nbn box first before moved. If you were to have a powercut to all devices, would you need to re-register the 5366TN and then move it again?
0 Kudos
DavidHarvey
Contributor
Contributor

@optimistnz I should have said that originally I set up the F@ST5366TN exactly as the previous Optus router and only converted to the final configuration when it was discovered that loopback wasn't available. In fact that is the exact set up I use when raising an issue with Optus and they check the line. So yes the Port Forwarding was set and the Wi-Fi was off with ALL other settings at "factory default" and there was no issue with power off and on. So it is a mystery but not worth the effort to dig any deeper if you have a workaround.

As for your second point the device does not need to be re-registered unless you do a "factory reset".   

optimistnz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @DavidHarvey, what port forwarding needs to be setup to allow the 5366TN to work as an ip phone device from within your network?
0 Kudos
DavidHarvey
Contributor
Contributor

@optimistnz when the Archer is connected to the internet then simply connecting a LAN port to the WAN port of the F@ST5366TN allows the registered phone to make outgoing calls. With outgoing calls established the the set up for incoming calls is very simple. Firstly to ensure that the same IP Address is always assigned under the Network/DHCP Server an IP Address is Reserved for the WAN Mac Address of the F@ST5366 and tested to ensure that it has been applied. Secondly under NAT Forwarding/Virtual Server port 5060 is set up to forward to that Reserved IP Address and selecting ALL as the protocol ensures both TCP and UDP (most likely obsolete) are caught. The final entry is to disable the SIP ALG which is not on all routers. Here are the screens for the above with the Mac Addresses hidden as you need to find the one that applies to your F@ST5366 :-

Optus Phone.png

optimistnz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @DavidHarvey
0 Kudos
reubot
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

Anyone else having trouble with the latest firmware (SG4Y1T0002023)?

Our device now warm resets a lot and doesn't keep the Wi-Fi disabled.