cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

I did that, but if you want to use the wifi to connect security cameras or IoT, it may not work due to the firewall restrictions.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@wmibr wrote:

Because I need the phone line I stuck with it and all the BS restrictions.

(See the other posts about using your 5366TN as a secondary router just for the phone....or...)

The world as a whole is moving away from "home phones".  If you have tech that still relies on it then you'll need new tech soon enough.

But...if you really do need a home phone then you could always use a VoIP provider such as mynetfone.

https://www.canstarblue.com.au/internet/a-review-of-free-and-paid-voip-services/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@wmibr wrote:

Because I need the phone line I stuck with it and all the BS restrictions.

As @Mkrtich says, you can use the Optus one purely as a phone and put whatever other router you want in front of it as your main router with the camera's and IoT's plugged into it. There are plenty of posts here on how to set that up, and I've probably written most of them 😁.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Remember i sorted out my lan issues with $40 switch this may help in this case as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN: Upload speed limit?

In My opinion, Optus should get Rid of all Sagemcom routers I have been sent 7 routers all Sagemcom from the old Sagemcom fast routers to the one I use now the fast 5366TN cannot make any settings changes I have the modem password cant do much also, can't update any firmware, at all no updates, Optus should replace then with descent modems like Netgear d.link or better instead of sending a customer 7 modems each time we get dropouts it also may be an NBN issue like the line copper cable that is old or wet.you can do a normal restart or factory reset it may help, I was said my max speed I could get was around 20mps, but when a tech came out it went to 32mps  download and then 7 uploads I have fibre to the node and yes I'm 1km from the node box. Sagemcom modems cost Optus money, customers time and stress they keep sending them out, as a solution, perhaps they are not receiving the power to do the job I been with Optus over 10 years when in the past I had Adsl the sag com modem did the same thing when they then sent me a Netgear modem surprize no more drops outs and faster speed.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I agree, take a look at what Singtel (Optus' parent company) offers their own customers in Singapore:

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-singapore-first-world-receive-linksys-s-new-wi-fi-6-e9450-...

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

the best way to get that modem is to go to  an Optus store and arrange it that way or ring sales or tech difficulties, that Modem %366Tn is a lot better then all the other flat ones that tend to dropouts usually the drop could mean no power to the modem a PowerPoint or power-pack is faulty  .good luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

saw your link that is one impressive modem router, we need a faster modem that will handle gigabit speeds for gaming and YouTubers I agree also, there seems to be a lack of communication with customers and their needs something I pointed up to a higher chain if Optus supplied better modems I'm sure customers would not mind the $150 modem cost, in the long run, its better then getting a poor performing modem .. callbacks and dropouts the cost for both customer and Optus is staggering I hope Optus reads this message. 

0 Kudos