cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Hi

I appreciate your assistance in this matter as it does my head in, I have utilised port 3 for the switch connection that then connects directly to the xbox without any problems. It just doesn't make sense. I purchased a tplink router that worked fine however I lost my landline as optus will not work with third party devices? However I will contact optus tech support today too find out what happened to the tech report that happened on the 1-7-20 also bizarre. Yes I did get an updated power supply in the mail I think between  router 3 and 4 however I utilise the power supply that comes with the replacement router. I am willing to pay for a third party router however I need optus to come to the party and allow my landline to be able to connect third party router the issue then will be fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I do not think optus did anything remotely as there was no request made and i did suggest that. That tech confirmed that there was no need?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi
Thanks for assistance in this matter yes I think I have tried just about all scenarios however I will give it another go. I want to stay with optus as I am receiving great speed over 100Mbs down and 37-38mbs up 2 weeks ago usually 90mbs down and 32mbs up. I don't think any other provider can delivery that. Hopefully we can work through this and move forward. I will restate that my original Gateway F@ST3864op nbn worked fine all ports functioning then the big crash happened in May and I have been on the roundabout since
Cheers again for your help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

As your Optus modem has been connected directly to NBN with functioning VoIP service already, forum posts suggest that it will continue to function with VoIP telephone service when it is placed behind your TP Link Router as a client off the TP Link DHCP Server and the TP Link Router's SIP ALG feature Disabled. The phone handset remains connected to the Optus modem and your XBox would then be connected to the TP Link Router's LAN port. I have no experience with doing this, just read many posts by people who have done it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@ronnielanham1 wrote:

It does not seem that many optus customers use wired connect with their xbox consoles

That's just not the case, If it were, we would definitely see a spike in complaints (if not here then on whirlpool forums) which is certainly not the case. Most Gamers prefer wired connections over wifi. The few that have raised issues here have been port forwarding related.

I purchased a tplink router that worked fine however I lost my landline as optus will not work with third party devices?

Unfortunately that is true of most RSP's land line service. 

I have utilised port 3 for the switch connection that then connects directly to the xbox without any problems

So you have a workable solution then, why can't you just stick with that then?

I am willing to pay for a third party router

You have everything you need now. The 5366 handles phone, fetch and PC, TPLink switch. And the TPLink switch handles the xbox.

Apart from the mystery of why you can't connect the xbox directly to the 5366, why can't you use what you already have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

yes not best case scenario though there maybe a fix down the line cheers for you help
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry if this question has been answered before... I’ve been through this thread but couldn’t find the answer.  I am a complete tech novice.

We received this modem last week when finally connecting with the NBN.  We can not connect our google home to our google Chromecast as an error comes up that the two aren’t compatible.  Does anyone have a solution to this issue before getting a new modem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi - a left field suggestion and not sure if this will help or if you have already done this. 

Does the Chromecast work with the Google Home OFF? The Google Home is an 802.11 ac capable unit. If your Chromecast is Gen 2 or Gen 3, it can link to the 802.11 ac Wi-Fi 5 Ghz band of the modem and your mobile phone may also need to be connected to the same band.

If your Chromecast is the original model, it only supports the 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz band. Suggest to see if having your mobile on the same band as the Chromecast to see if it allows the two devices to communicate first and then change your mobile to the 5Ghz to set up the Google Home . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't been keeping up with this thread recently, but I think there's something about Xbox One not working when wired directly to the 5366?  I can confirm that was never an issue for us, we had our Xbox wired directly into the Optus router when I was using it and it worked fine, no config changes needed anywhere.  Online gaming, Netflix streaming, everything on Xbox worked.

Also what's this about Chromecast and Google Home?  Do you/they mean Google Nest (mesh) Wifi?  Google Home is an app on your phone you use to control your Google devices, nothing to do with wifi per se.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@juzdu wrote:

I haven't been keeping up with this thread recently, but I think there's something about Xbox One not working when wired directly to the 5366? 

You'll have to be more specific about what's not working on the Xbox.

0 Kudos