Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

@ymmij wrote:

1.  Remove the 5366 and set up my router so that it connects to the internet.

Your physical setup will be straight forward. It will be:

NBN Device -> WAN Port in Google Nest Wifi.

As for the WAN configuration on the Google nest should already be set up to use the DHCP method. If not, just follow these instruction to change it to DHCP.

And that's it. Everything should just work.

@ymmij wrote:

2.  Understand what happens when I run into a problem and have to contact Optus. 

When contacting Optus for support they want to you to have the 5366 plugged in because they can remotely communicate with it for diagnostic purposes. If you have the Google Nest plugged in instead they will only be able to do the bare minimum support.

So before making a support call just make sure that you are back to "NBN Device -> WAN Port in Optus modem (Sagemcom f@st 5366 TN) ".

Since you have played around with DMZ and DHCP etc on the 5366, after you get your preferred "NBN Device -> WAN Port in Google Nest Wifi" setup working you might want to do a factory reset on the 5366 rather then remember any/all setting you have changed so that you can connect a device to it via wifi or LAN for any testing Optus may ask you to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it should be as simple as plugging the ethernet cable coming out of your NBN modem into the right-hand port of the Nest router (the one with the little picture of a globe). 

Then the cable from the LAN port (labelled <...>) should run to the switch you mentioned.  No need for the 5366 at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The advice was great.....it worked.

I was pretty surprised.  In the end, all that was needed was that one action of plugging the output of the NBN router straight to the Nest Router.  The WAN / DHCP setting in the Nest Router took care of itself, so no changes made by me with the Google Wifi settings.

Been running for the last ten minutes and all is fine.  The 5366 is turned off.  It is all back to original settings, and if needed, I only plug the NBN cable back into the 5366 WAN port, take a LAN port from the 5366 to the WAN port of the Nest Router and power it up.  Easy for anyone else looking to use the Nest Router in place of the Sagemcom.

As mentioned, I don't see it's real advantages as yet, but at least all my IP numbers are pretty consistent and adding the switch gives me some flexibility for providing wireless connections where needed.  And no Optus modem.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

Has anyone managed to find a work-around for the port forwarding issues? Currently unable to run my Plex server remotely as even when I've set up the port forwarding it doesn't actually open.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

REGARDING HIGHJACKING OF THE DNS, IT DID AT FIRST ON MINE THEN AFTER A FEW MINUTES I WAS ABLE TO PUT IN MY DNS SETTINGS FOR GOOGLE AND NOW IT WORKS FINE, MINE WAS REPLACED ABOUT A MONTH AGO ( MAY) AND THE WIFI IS DEFINITELY A STRONGER SIGNAL.

I USED TO STREAM CONTENT FROM MY PC VIA ETHERNET CABLES CONNECTED TO A POWER LINE ADAPTER  ON THE WALL TO MY TV, NOW I USE WIFI ONLY AND IT IS A GOOD SIGNAL AND NEVER STOPS OR DROPS OUT

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

The Sagem Wifi router that I got when we ordered NBN seems to have only  SSLV3, TLS1.0 enabled but not TLS1.2?

Hardware Version FAST5366TN-A
Software Version SG4Y1T000105

Supported Server Cipher(s):
Accepted SSLv3 256 bits AES256-SHA
Accepted SSLv3 128 bits AES128-SHA
Accepted SSLv3 168 bits DES-CBC3-SHA
Accepted TLSv1 256 bits AES256-SHA
Accepted TLSv1 128 bits AES128-SHA
Accepted TLSv1 168 bits DES-CBC3-SHA

Prefered Server Cipher(s):
SSLv3 256 bits AES256-SHA
TLSv1 256 bits AES256-SHA

Can Optus firmware update this to disable SSLV3, TLS1.0 and enable TLS1.2 and perhaps TLS1.3?

Thanks to @YetAnotherAcc 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Dan_C wrote:
In more other news, we had a good discussion with the team yesterday and they've committed to providing us with information around pending firmware updates before they're pushed out. That way, there's no more surprises.

Imagine my surprise when another user informed me that they were on v109. Surely not I though, after all we we promised to be informed before a new update came out. But sure enough, when I hooked mine up to the internet I got upgraded to v109.,

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Lolz.  Hey don't forget they can't even get the "stay signed in" thing working on yescrowd yet, so lower your expectations! 🙂

I don't have mine plugged in any more, I should sell it....anything noteworthy changed in this new version out of interest?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@juzdu wrote:

Lolz.  Hey don't forget they can't even get the "stay signed in" thing working on yescrowd yet,

I know, I have to use a "secret" method to keep me logged in on my PC.

so lower your expectations! 🙂

I already have a negative expectation (i.e. that they will break something), so can't get much lower then that 🤣.

I don't have mine plugged in any more

Neither do I normally, I just fire it up occasionally. When I need a firmware update I just plug it into my ASUS so I don't have any downtime.

anything noteworthy changed in this new version out of interest?

I've only had a bit of a quick look, but static DNS and firewall is unchanged, and you can now download log files (as .csv).

The other change is that the PPP username/password which use to be visible and changeable when there was no internet connection now is not visible at all. I probably would not have noticed that change if it wasn't for that fact that person I was helping kept telling me that the PPP section did not exist, and it drove us both mad as to why I could see it and he could not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just to let you know that I have rescanned this and it appears that the first scanner I used didn't reported that TLS1.2 was disabled but in fact it is running.
Therefore only sslv3 and tls1.0 to be disabled.
Supported Server Cipher(s):
Preferred TLSv1.2 256 bits AES256-GCM-SHA384
Accepted TLSv1.2 256 bits AES256-SHA256
Accepted TLSv1.2 256 bits AES256-SHA
Accepted TLSv1.2 128 bits AES128-GCM-SHA256
Accepted TLSv1.2 128 bits AES128-SHA256
Accepted TLSv1.2 128 bits AES128-SHA
Accepted TLSv1.2 112 bits DES-CBC3-SHA
Preferred TLSv1.1 256 bits AES256-SHA
Accepted TLSv1.1 128 bits AES128-SHA
Accepted TLSv1.1 112 bits DES-CBC3-SHA
Preferred TLSv1.0 256 bits AES256-SHA