Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST5366TN

Just an update. This morning I adjusted some Ethernet settings on both PCs and ran iperf3 tests between the Telstra Gen 2 modem and the primary modem and could not get past a 20 Mbps Uplink and 600 Mbps Downlink ceiling from the client PC which surprised me.  I put them back to their original settings and rebooted both PCs and the results did not change. Unaware of what caused the change. Will monitor and update if any new discoveries found. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST5366TN

Hi,

I have the new Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN, and it actually has not given me any problems. Something tells me that it solely depends on what type of NBN connection you have, like I use Optus Cable HFC, and it works perfectly (except for changing dns of course!), with noticeably better range than the Sagemcom F@ST 3684 v3 HP, which i previously had before requesting this modem. One thing I suggest (i do this), is name 2.4ghz and 5ghz same wifi name, as it works fine, the devices that support both networks automatically connect to either band, and other devices will only see 2.4ghz so it works. Try it and tell me. You can see what network your devices are connected to on 192.168.0.1 unless you changed the gateway (username is optus and password is the password modem came with).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this helped please leave Kudos 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Port Forward on Sagemcom 5366TN

Hi - in case of interest and applicable to your USG firmware level, I came across this URL from another post where a bridged primary modem is connected to the UniFi USG;  the USG would lose its external IP every 24 hours - assume when the carrier's lease expired. Early days, but since the person enabled ICMP on the USG the connection has stayed up for 48 hours. The incoming external update for new IP lease signals from the bridged modem are now allowed into the USG every 24 hours instead of being blocked by its Firewall. I don't know if that applies to your situation, may be worth an investigation. 

https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003146787-UniFi-USG-Firewall-How-to-Enable-ICMP-on-the-WAN-...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@NotMx - my apology, I should have read your post more carefully and realised you may not actually have a UniFi USG with your UniFi AC Wi-Fi Access Point.  For information to other readers, Implementing ICMP is not without complexities and should be done in consultation with Ubiquiti or other Vendor Help Centre so that all security aspects are taken into account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Dose anyone know how to set up port forwarding on Sagemcom 5366TN? I have applied static IP from Optus but searching previous post there are known issue for this modem, is there a work around?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@RowanZ wrote:

Dose anyone know how to set up port forwarding on Sagemcom 5366TN? 

From memory it should just be under Network Settings-->Port Forwarding

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc 

Hi, I have tried and it does not work when I try to access remotely. We just have a security door controlling panel connected within the network that would require access remotely.

It is the firewall of the modem blocking the access? Seems like security level cannot be changed.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@RowanZ wrote:

Hi, I have tried and it does not work when I try to access remotely. 

By "access remotely" do you mean not using your Optus NBN connection, or are you accessing it from your NBN connection but just using the external IP address/domain name? 

Assuming you have configured the port forward correctly, if its the latter then its most likely the known hairpinning/NAT loopback issue.

If ts the former then it may potentially be a firewall and/or haipinning.

It is the firewall of the modem blocking the access? Seems like security level cannot be changed.  

Potentially, it definitely can't be changed at the moment.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc 

Yes just trying to get connection to the security device (which is inside Optus NBN network) by using external network say mobile phone.

If there is no solution at the moment can I change to other modem ? (must the modem been supplied for optus?) Any suggestions pls.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Simply no, you don't have to use their modem at all. The NBN-supplied Arris modem is doing the modem job, the 5366TN is just acting as a router. You can replace it with any router you want, the only thing is you'll likely lose the ability for a fixed phone connection.