Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

@jmdoohan wrote:

I have the 5366TN and have been stuck using this purely for VoIP to work.

How long have you been on Optus NBN?  If you've been with them for a while and you have the old 3864 then you can extract the VoIP details from it with admin access..

What NBN tech are you on, FTTN, FTTC, etc?

It would be nice if Optus would release the SIP details so I can run it on an ATA without having this useless device turned on.

We can only dream can't we.

With the update, all of these settings have been defaulted,

That is a concern. First I've heard of a firmware update causing resetting to factory defaults, although earlier versions (prior to #...85) have been known to lose setting for no reason without firmware being updated.

Now, whenever I change the settings & it restarts, the settings default again.

That's the first we've heard of that happening with #...85.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, i had the opposite experience, the older release wouldn't remember the settings after a power cycle, but the new one is ok.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

range extender & new modem

i havw the optus 53366TN modem.

I want to reconnect my wireless range extender. Do I just push the WPS button on the front panel of the modem like I did with my previous router also a Sagemcom to reconnect with the range extender?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

1. Is this replacement Ok for Fetch?  (My Fetch Mighty is

2.  I get mirco dropouts on both Ethernet and WiFi connected devices.  Slowly coming to the conclusion it's the modem.  A neighbor on TPG (same NBN setup) does not have the drop outs.  hard to prove.  Can I get the replacement?

NBN50 on HFC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've had lots of problems with the general Optus call centres.  Classic useless.  But I must admit their technical people have been wonderful.  Seem to have a better grasp of the subtleties of English and thankfully technical issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Update on past comments.  Googled reviews for Optus Sagemcom 5366NT.

Canstar rates at number 8 with three stars out of 5. 

https://www.canstarblue.com.au/internet/wireless-routers/

Other reviews are not good but low numbers make them meaningless.

BTW  Those considering alternatives and have landline and/or Fetch / Pay TV should check that an alternative will work with theses.   I don't understand the details, but apparently there are some proprietary setting / electronics needed for these to work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Just migrated from Cable to NBN HFC.

Optus is sending me the Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC.

Should I request the Sagemcom 5366TN  instead?

Is there much difference?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@wmaster wrote:

Optus is sending me the Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC.

They may have said that but they will definitely be sending you the 5366TN. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Why did I get charged $119 for this thing? Just got my bill, this is garbage Optus. You didn't send me a router when I got NBN connected (well, you sent me a Netgear Optus CM500V HFC modem!!), and now I have to pay for your incompetence? You should be paying me as a beta tester for this buggy (admittedly less so than the 3864) device.

Edit:  A (very) long chat with billing (as they had to consult tech support as they didn't understand the technicalities) they have struck off the extra charge for this router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Did they send you a bag for the return of the other one? maybe they planned to credit after swap was complete. Regardless, I find their general customer service staff not very good but their technical staff excellent.
0 Kudos