Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

@Ray_YC 

As the next release has now dropped (for both the TN and LTE versions) , has The NAT / hairpin issue now been fixed?

What's the status of allowing custom DNS settings, as it definitely has not made it into this drop.

What happened to no more surprises with firmware releases?

What has actually changed in these releases?

0 Kudos
DavidHarvey
Contributor
Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc with SG4Y1T0003035 I can confirm that hairpin (loopback) is now operational and I have moved the F@ST5366TN with Wi-Fi Disabled to the top of the "daisy chain" as I have previously declared my intentions to do so. No Double NAT issues as only one wired device (apart from the landline phone) connected being the Archer A6 and ALL Port Forwarding requirements to Archer A6 alone which in turn forwards to the appropriate address. Needless to say both the 5060 and SIP ALG entries are no longer required on the Archer A6. Thank you very much @Ray_YC for a pleasant surprise. 

Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

@Dan_C wrote:
Haha, I'm used to it.

Look, I don't want to promise the world and deliver nothing. I'd rather keep any other pending changes under wraps until I have more information to give you guys.

In more other news, we had a good discussion with the team yesterday and they've committed to providing us with information around pending firmware updates before they're pushed out. That way, there's no more surprises.

They either didn't keep their commitment discussed a year ago or they told @Dan_C  and not myself. Great to read they are continuing to implement fixes 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Nice buck passing there @Ray_YC . Its not like this is the first release since then and it caught you guys by surprise.
And once again you've ignored my custom DNS status question.
shizzy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm logging into the yescrowd forums after a long time seems like they removed private messaging.  good to see some members keep on fighting. How do we get the updated firmware, I see hairpinning (or NAT loopback) is added but how do we get this firmware, do we have to wait for it to be automatically installed?
0 Kudos
DavidHarvey
Contributor
Contributor

@shizzy "Have you tried turning off and back on again"? I'm not being smart as this method actually works. Updates then reboots itself and "Bob's your uncle".

0 Kudos
shizzy
Contributor
Contributor

Arhh yes that's possibility it thanks, I'll try that and if not working report back. 

0 Kudos
DavidHarvey
Contributor
Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc I have discovered another feature that may or may not be related to the new firmware and it was a problem I raised some time ago but applied a work around as e fix could not be found. It was to do with the NBN Phone and it was just limited to two mobile numbers out of a stack of numbers that would ring and they would answer, they could hear me speak but I could not hear them speak. Instead I just called them on my mobile. No big deal. But now I am pleased to say that everything is working just fine.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@DavidHarvey 

Yeah, its impossible to tell if the firmware update had anything to do with fixing that NBN phone problem as Optus don't see us has deserving of receiving a firmware change log.

From what I can tell these firmware releases are driven by new purchasable products/services and not bug fixes. This one added support for new Optus WiFi Secure service, and the previous one was to support the Mesh Boosters.

0 Kudos
rdrrrdrrr
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc 

Your making the brave assumption that there even is an software change log.  😉

Top Contributors