cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Yes, Google do put out a lot of products and like Microsoft email options, tend to confuse the market with naming conventions. Google Home is also a Device which appears under Nest Speakers in the URL below - it's an 802.11ac Wi-Fi enabled device. There is also a Google Home Mini and I don't know if that is known as Nest Mini in some countries

https://store.google.com/au/magazine/compare_nest_speakers_displays?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgfmUrPGe6wIVkq...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have fixed this issue by adding a switch however the modem fails when I add Ethernet cables to:

1 port - computer.

2 port - fetch TV.

3 port - xbox one x.

not all services available on xbox one x when lan wired - all good with wifi not best case scenario!

Over several months I have rotated each and ever cable from port to port:

My config is currently

1 port - computer.

2 port - fetch TV.

3 port - Ethernet cabled to switch then direct to xbox one x (work fine optimum speed etc)

Just a thought have optus got issues with vpn's

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

It doesn't make any sense that the Xbox One would act differently directly wired to a port on the router compared to running a cable from that same port to a switch that has the Xbox connected to it!  If the port on the router is dodgy that'd effect the switch too, surely.

If it's nothing but an ethernet switch then it won't be changing IP, NAT, routing tables or anything.

I can't even think how wifi could possibly work better than hard wired to the same router, other than there's something wrong with the router's physical port(s).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Mkrtich wrote:

Yes, Google do put out a lot of products and like Microsoft email options, tend to confuse the market with naming conventions. Google Home is also a Device which appears under Nest Speakers in the URL below - it's an 802.11ac Wi-Fi enabled device. There is also a Google Home Mini and I don't know if that is known as Nest Mini in some countries

https://store.google.com/au/magazine/compare_nest_speakers_displays?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgfmUrPGe6wIVkq...

Ah, ok...Google Home speaker rather than Google Home app.

The latest release of the Google Home Mini devices was renamed to Google Nest Mini:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/15/google-home-mini-is-now-nest-mini

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@juzdu wrote:

It doesn't make any sense that the Xbox One would act differently directly wired to a port on the router compared to running a cable from that same port to a switch that has the Xbox connected to it!

Agreed. Its very bizarre.

If the port on the router is dodgy that'd effect the switch too, surely.

You'd think so. The only potential difference I can think of would be a difference in power/signal quality being sent over the line.

And the fact that this is their 4th replacement router with the same problem, and the fact that not a single other customer has reported this issue (publicly at least), would tend to suggest that is it not a problem with the router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Even optus technician is baffled. When i tried a new router all ports worked, bizarre

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Dan_C , @Ray_YC 

Well, there has been yet another firmware update that we did not get any heads-up on and no change notes. I'm now on SG4Y1TM001009.

This version has dropped URL filtering from parental controls and has already caused problems/confusion for a few people. That's actually the only way I found out about it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

Can you confirm all the (Lan) ports are 10/100/1000Gbps and not just the Wan port? I cannot find any manual or specs anywhere on the internet to confirm your post. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@BRWIL wrote:
Can you confirm all the (Lan) ports are 10/100/1000Gbps and not just the Wan port? I cannot find any manual or specs anywhere on the internet to confirm your post. Thanks!

Specs are here. Its up to 1000Mbps not 1000Gbps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey is this modem compatible with optus NBN fttc?
0 Kudos
Top Contributors