Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
stormy_one
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Sorry mate, you have got the whole scenario wrong. Anyway, I have washed my hands of it and Optus.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
tonymy01
Contributor
Contributor

But you said you VNC to your pc in your house? This means your VNC port forward is working?
0 Kudos
User369
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply YetAnotherAcc

Ok so I have done a bit of searching on this loop back thing and while I don't under stand it I noticed some keywords which is dynadns, and enabling nat loop back.

Considering I have a different model number than most on here it may have some extra functions that may help I workaround or fix for me.

In my router I have Dynamic DNS client disabled, NAT and Upnp igd enabled.

Would any of these help or is it still useless?

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@User369 wrote:

Considering I have a different model number than most on here it may have some extra functions that may help I workaround or fix for me.

Maybe, but I'd be surprised if that was the case.

In my router I have Dynamic DNS client disabled, NAT and Upnp igd enabled.

Would any of these help

The TN version has all those as well.

You would only need to enable Dynamic DNS is you had a domain/subdomain linked to your public IP address.

Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

User369 - I have the impression that they are at different firmware levels

F@ST 5366 TN: SG4Y1 T 0000105 (went from Release 31 > 85 > 105) 

F@ST 5366 LTE-A: SG4Y1 L 000079 - early days, so not sure.

Port Forward, NAT Loop Back and flexible DNS are frequently listed as missing required functions by users, hopefully will be addressed in future firmware upgrades?  

0 Kudos
juzdu
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting a Google Nest Mesh Wifi kit delivered today.  Can I re-configure the WAN port on my 5366TN so that it's a LAN port to give me 5 ports and just having it act as a gigabit switch?  I have quite a few devices in my lounge room I'd rather run wired, although if this Nest is a good as I read maybe I won't have to, devices like my Foxtel box and Samsung smart tv can probably run over wifi given they'll all be within a metre of the Nest router.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@juzdu wrote:

Can I re-configure the WAN port on my 5366TN so that it's a LAN port to give me 5 ports and just having it act as a gigabit switch?

I don't recall seeing such an option, nor would I expect that from an ISP router.

0 Kudos
juzdu
Contributor
Contributor

Fair call. I've managed to narrow it down so I only need 4 ports. 1 input from the Nest router, 2 outputs to devices that don't have wifi (my microserver and home theatre PC). So that leaves a spare.

I am currently running a wired connection from my 5366TN up to the other end of the house where I have another wifi router on a different network so we get better coverage up there, but maybe this Nest mesh network won't require that any more. We shall see.
0 Kudos
User369
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ok so optus just gave me a followup call to my new nbn connection. Asked about the router firewall problem. They didn't even know the firewall setting is locked until I told them and they checked with someone and basically said yeah it is locked try use the old optus modem or bring your own and about updating the firmware to 5366 to turn off firewall , they can't do anything about it.

So I have the old optus cable modem Cisco DPQ3925 and an old DLink DSL-2740B which probably won't work because it has Coax cable and DSL ports as their wan instead of a RJ45 WAN port? Because I've just tried to plug into the DPQ3925 LAN ports and it wont work.

Also I have a DWL-6600AP which has a console port, that wouldn't work would it?

I also need to get a poe switch for my home so I thinking of getting a combo router/poe switch with WAN ports. https://www.mwave.com.au/product/cisco-rv345k9-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router-ac06661  Would this work?

I read that in order to get optus landline working on another I just need to forward some ports or something, but where do I plug my phone into, just the LAN ports?

0 Kudos
juzdu
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have an NBN Modem (Arris box)? If so you'll have to use a router with an RJ45 WAN port as the NBN modem only has that output.
You can use any router you want (with an RJ45 WAN port), and leave your home phone plugged into the 5366.

If you want, use your own router for DHCP and WIFI, turn off DHCP and WIFI on the 5366 so it's just acting as a switch for the phone, and anything else you want to plug into it. Run a cable from your router's LAN port to the LAN port of the 5366, leaving nothing in the WAN port. That should work I think?

This is what I'm planning when my Google Nest Wifi kit arrives (hopefully any minute now!).  Use the Nest router as the main router connected to the NBN modem, and use my 5366 as a switch for the home phone and a couple of wired devices.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors