Ask a Question
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Port Forward on Sagemcom 5366TN

@RowanZ wrote:

can I change to other modem ?

Yes.

If you have FTTN/FTTB then you need a modem/router.

For all other NBN types you just need a router.

If you want to use the NBN phone you will still need the 5366, but that can be connected to the other router, it does not have to be the main router.

RowanZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Port Forward on Sagemcom 5366TN

@YetAnotherAcc 

@juzdu 

Got it, much appreciated all of your assistant.

0 Kudos
stormy_one
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Hi Ray,

Port Forwarding is not working at all. I can not get FTP or my NAS ports forwarded to the device. Any word on when this will be fixed?

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@stormy_one wrote:

I can not get FTP or my NAS ports forwarded to the device. 

Don't you mean forwarded from your device (the 5366) ?

0 Kudos
tonymy01
Contributor
Contributor

The port forwarding worked fine for me to my NAS (from memory since I haven't used the 5366 as my primary device for a while now). How are you setting it up, how are you trying to connect?
For me, I specified the NAS to always get the same DHCP IP address in one of the DHCP settings pages in the 5366, so the forwarding rule is valid always, and secondly use a dynamic DNS provider since your public IP address changes quite regularly (every time my NBN Modem loses synch, when it recovers the IP is generally different to what it had).
If you are running dynamic DNS on a box in your network, ensure it is getting your true public address and not your local 192.168 address of course.
0 Kudos
stormy_one
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Should have explained a little better I guess 🙂

Port 21 and the NAS port from WAN to LAN and my NAS

0 Kudos
tonymy01
Contributor
Contributor

21?  Do you really want to expose that to the internet?

Anyway, basic FTP can have some issues because port 21 is used to do the negotiating of another different port for FTP which will get broken via NAT, so the way to use it is to use Passive FTP I believe (but really you should be using sftp and/or ssh with port mapping on ssh and/or a VPN tunnelling server and VPN client and not exposing very insecure port 21 to the internet!).

This explains the problem you will face with FTP server behind NAT-

https://enterprisedt.com/products/edtftpjssl/doc/manual/html/howtoftpthroughafilewall.html

0 Kudos
stormy_one
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I currently have this setup but nothing is getting through 😞

stormy_one_0-1592380821831.png

0 Kudos
stormy_one
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey tonymy01 

Comments/ suggestions that help me out are much appreciated 🙂

OK, port set to 2121 for 'testing', still nothing. To me, it seems absolutely nothing is getting through.

0 Kudos
tonymy01
Contributor
Contributor

See my post above, you are very unlikely to get standard FTP working unless you make the server only listen on a small range of ports and specify those in the client and server and NAT port mapping.
This does an even better job of explaining how to get PASV working, but it relies on a router understanding the ftp conversation, dunno if the Sagemcom is that good. Use SSH instead, then everything is tied down on one port so you only need to map that one port, and the link is secure then (no passwords sent in plain text unlike FTP!)
https://www.jscape.com/blog/setting-up-an-ftps-server-behind-a-firewall-or-nat-for-pasv-mode-data-tr...
0 Kudos
Top Contributors