Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

how can i upgrade to that new modem from an existing older modem which is having issues?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @Philm1974

Try messaging us via the My Optus app. 

Let the guys know that you're having trouble with your existing modem and we'll arrange a replacement.

The Sagemcom 5366TN is the default replacement device. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

>>> "would i see any difference in performance if i use my tplink deco m5 instead of the optus 5366tn. obviously i wouldnt be able to use voip anymore"

If you mean in terms of broadband speed then no, I doubt it.  There might be a difference in wifi performance or coverage but I don't know how good/bad your tplink is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan, what’s the best way to do this right now?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know if I can view the logs for a particular IP address via this router?  I quite like that I can set allow/block times by IP/device, very handy for cutting off the xbox's internet access at the time of MY choosing!

But I'm keen to know what websites the kids are visiting during their remote learning time, but i can't seem to find web access logs by IP/device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@juzdu wrote:

Does anyone know if I can view the logs for a particular IP address via this router? 

No. And if it did it would be a great privacy risk as Optus have remote access to the device.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Given they're the ISP couldn't they see all that info anyway??

Seems weird to me, usually the ability to see what sites are being visited is a default thing on a router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@juzdu wrote:

Given they're the ISP couldn't they see all that info anyway??

Nope. They can see what domain you visit but not the actual URLs themselves.

@juzdu wrote:

Seems weird to me, usually the ability to see what sites are being visited is a default thing on a router.

Really, I don't recall every seeing those types of logs. Sure, some routers can definitely have that ability, it i doubt its very common. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc wrote:

Really, I don't recall every seeing those types of logs. Sure, some routers can definitely have that ability, it i doubt its very common. 

And to be clear, even that is only possible with HTTP sites, not HTTPS sites. HTTPS uses end-to-end encryption which means that only the browser and the end destination know the actual URL. The router can never see the URL, so it can't log it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

In the X... 85 firmware, I was able to see logs of incoming calls, this feature helps me to call back customers just in case I forgot to ask for the number. Now the current firmware SG4Y1T000105 removes all logs, I am really disappointed. Please bring it back!!

0 Kudos