Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

The new SG4Y1T000105 release has done nothing to fix my issue with port forwarding so that I can access my Synology NAS from the internet.  I still can't access my NAS ๐Ÿ˜ž

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Can't say I'm surprised ๐Ÿ”ฎ.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have no problem accessing my QNAP with that router, before and after firmware update
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The new SG4Y1T000105 firmware has removed call logs under Voice Ports Line 1, which was available on previous firmware ๐Ÿ˜ž

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I've sent through this feedback @TyrellCorp.

Awaiting a response.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Straight form the horses mouth:

Yes the call logs that were visible in the modem have been removed in version 105 firmware.
Reasons:

a) Call logs should ONLY be visible from the customer call records from the IMS / on request or from the billing records

b)It is considered private information. We do not want private information stored in the device

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Dan_C wrote:
Straight form the horses mouth:

@Dan_C , any chance we can get the changelog for this (and future) firmware version? Maybe if you give the horses ๐Ÿ˜‰ some sugar cubes ?

Highlighted
Blog Author

Haha @YetAnotherAcc , not too sure if that'd entice them. 

Honestly, I can't see that particular feature coming back. 

I do have some additional news on the locked down custom DNS functionality. I can confirm that this is now actively being worked on.

I don't have a confirmed time-frame, but I feel confident in saying that we should see this functionality come the release of a future firmware update. 

There are a coupe of other things the team are working on which I'll confirm at a later date. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Agree with YetAnotherAcc Changelogs for firmware updates in general would be very useful. Firmware updates do change the way the device functions and can have both positive and negative impacts on users. Knowing what has changed would help greatly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Dan_C wrote:

Honestly, I can't see that particular feature coming back. 

I'd hardly call a changelog a feature. Why would Optus stop providing one (I actually can't imagine that they ever did)?

Why is it so hard to pry information out of Optus? Doesn't matter what the topic is, the quality and quantity seem to be severely lacking. Not every little thing is a trade secret. There was not even a notice here that v105 was released (when was that btw), where you know there are people that a very interested in that type of info.

I do have some additional news on the locked down custom DNS functionality. I can confirm that this is now actively being worked on.

Nice!

@Dan_C wrote:

I don't have a confirmed time-frame, but I feel confident in saying that we should see this functionality come the release of a future firmware update. 

Can you give us some insight on what type of release cycles you work to? Is it ad hoc, bi-monthly, quarterly, ???

There are a coupe of other things the team are working on which I'll confirm at a later date. 

Any confirmations would be great, but I would have thought it would be more than "a couple of  other things".

Sorry for giving you such a hard time Dan ๐Ÿ˜œ.

0 Kudos