Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

@JackFT wrote:
Did they send you a bag for the return of the other one? maybe they planned to credit after swap was complete. 

Optus in general don't want routers/modems back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

When i told Optus they had sent me the wrong modem 3 months ago, and that they had sent me the same one i had for Optus HFC, and asked if they wanted it back, they said to keep it as a spare, i told them it was useless for anything except Optus HFC and since it was a simple bridged modem (not router) so useless to me on NBN HFC, they said they didn't want it back and throw it in the Ewaste bin.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

FYI just found out that the latest firmware is now SG4Y1T000105.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I just did the modem maintenance reboot to pick up that new version.   Silly we can't check for a new version any other way!  It fixes a lot of the complaints, just as timestamps fixed in logs, the connected time properly increments etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@tonymy01 wrote:

I just did the modem maintenance reboot to pick up that new version. 

Mine picked it up automatically when I connected it to the internet yesterday for the first time in ages. 

It fixes a lot of the complaints, just as timestamps fixed in logs, the connected time properly increments etc.

Funny, the the only thing I looked at was the log, saw time was fixed, great.

Went to see if they added a clear log button, Nope!

Checked if they allowed DNS changed, Nope!

Back on the shelf it went.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

My logs are now chock full of in.addr and other failed DNS lookups, would be nice to not log this kind of stuff (and it logs as error rather than something low like debug so filtering it out is nearly impossible).
I can't add manual routes still, so can't have double NAT working well (if I am connected to the Optus WIFI, I can't access my 192.168.1.X network hanging off a LAN port on the Optus router).
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

So I wonder what they did fix. Its such a waste of time looking for the fixes (especially if they a things under the hood). Too bad I don't think we'll see a change log.

I wonder how long this version has been out. You'd think that Optus would post an update notification here given that there are so many issues outstanding. We should need to prod and poke them for that kind of info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Think you will find than Optus supplied modems are 'proprietary'. ie they are permanently set to work with Optus broadband, VOIP & Fetch services and have some troubleshooting feedback to tech services included. Good for those of us who do not want to fiddle. Not so good for others. Note: Even if you supply your own modem you may or may not be able to replicate the Optus settings to suit their services.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How about activating or adding the "guest network feature" in it?

All these previous modems , Ive had to have them replaced at different times from a range of  intermittent faults. They  have had so many admin options removed/deactivated it virtually makes Optus modems useless.

From your own words ...

"Changing the default IP Address"

"Changing Static DNS Server settings"

& then you mention YOU HAVE TO INVESTIGATE  about ...

"Changing the default Host name"

SERIOUSLY ... THESE ARE JUST SOME SIMPLE BASIC SETTINGS ... and ... YOU SAY ... these have to be firmware upgrades.

You wonder why so many people complain (the amount of complaints on YesCrowd leaves me speechless) & these are just people who WANT/NEED more flexibility from their "DELIBERATELY CRIPPLED modem/routers".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't opened this thread for a few weeks until just now, and saw there'd been a new firmware released.  So I checked my 5366TN and it has the new SG4Y1T000105 release despite me not having rebooted it for a month or so.  Good to see the log time fix finally.

@Dan_C do you have a list of changes in this latest firmware?

0 Kudos