cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

Hi juzdu,

In the position we're in here we don't really privy to that information I'm afraid.

We were advised it would be looked into for the next firmware release.

We've forwarded our Networks guys a couple of examples thanks to this great thread, which is going around the usual process, the suggestion for all users would be to log a fault, perhaps if more examples come through it may be made more of a priority (not saying that it isn't already).

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

@Ray_YC wrote:

In the position we're in here we don't really privy to that information I'm afraid.

We were advised it would be looked into for the next firmware release.

You may not be privy to the info in-general (different teams and all that) but surely it shouldn't be too hard to pry an estimate out of them. I doubt they are withholding that info for commercial sensitive reasons.

the suggestion for all users would be to log a fault, perhaps if more examples come through it may be made more of a priority (not saying that it isn't already).

We shouldn't have to formally lodge faults/complaints to get Optus' attention (on any general issue, not just the 5366) when yescrowd is a goldmine of customer feedback about the state of Optus hardware and service. And when we contact Optus support directly about an issue we are having then shouldn't the staff be logging the faults on our behalf (if formal fault lodgement is actually required)?

So while we get lucky sometimes and have yourself, Dan, or other Optus stuff push things along for us, it really looks like Optus is not customer focused or proactive, and pays very little attention to issues raised in yescrowd or support calls/chat.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

I have no intention of using VOIP. If anyone has instructions on how to set this into bridge mode that'd be great.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

There is no option for the standard Optus account login to do this. But why would you want to even run this router at all if you are considering bridge mode? Wouldn't you just run your own router? You still on ADSL?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes FTTN requires this modem. Unless I purchase another modem but I have a Netgear Orbi.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

FTTN requires a modem yes, but so does HFC. Isn't that the little Arris black box that the NBN should have left after installation? If so you can just plug that into the WAN port of your own router no problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Ah apologies, I just saw here that FTTN does not come with an NBN-supplied modem, curious.

https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/blog/not-all-nbn-modem-routers-are-equal/

If you want to use your own rather than Optus' then you'll need a modem/router that supports VDSL.  All the new ones should, like these:

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/c/technology/networking/nbn-modem-routers

Also, couldn't you just turn off DHCP and all the wifi on the Optus 5366 and plug that into an existing router if you have one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @R3XNebular 

If you are not using VoIP,  you are MUCH better off getting your own router.  Just keep the Optus router around to plug in when/if you need to contact support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

On the side note, since theres issues with this modem, would it still work if we use let say, Telstra's Smart Router as opposed to this Sagemcom 5366TN?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the 5366TN and have been stuck using this purely for VoIP to work.

It would be nice if Optus would release the SIP details so I can run it on an ATA without having this useless device turned on.

It appears that an update has been pushed down to my 5366. I had already gone through the headache when I first switched to NBN to change the DHCP scope, change 5GHz down from the greedy 80mhz wide channels, and change the default password.

With the update, all of these settings have been defaulted, causing half of my IoT devices to fall off of the network (different IP range), and for it to saturate the 5ghz spectrum (which has limited free channels where I am).

Now, whenever I change the settings & it restarts, the settings default again.

I'm seriously considering porting my number to a third party SIP provider just so I can get rid of these useless router.

Hardware version is FAST5366TN-A

Software version is SG4Y1T000085

GUI version is 4.29.9