cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

Port triggering can be easily exploitable, it must be a decision around security so it looks like the door is closed on that one. For now anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN


@Ray_YC wrote:

Port triggering can be easily exploitable, it must be a decision around security so it looks like the door is closed on that one. For now anyway.


I'd be surprised if its more vulnerable than UPNP, and that's on by default and exposes all ports rather than explicit ones as required by triggering.

Not to mention that security goes out-the-window with DMZ, yet that is still included.

So I'm very sceptical that security is the driving reason for its omission .

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Hi

I have the version SG4Y1T000085 and have just received modem in last 2 days. The option to change the DNS doesn't work. If you go to Modem Settings > DNS and hover over the enable toggle it shows as a link/action but nothing happens so stuck with the forced settings
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release


@grantsayer wrote:
Hi

I have the version SG4Y1T000085 and have just received modem in last 2 days. The option to change the DNS doesn't work. If you go to Modem Settings > DNS and hover over the enable toggle it shows as a link/action but nothing happens so stuck with the forced settings

You're on the latest version and that's a known issue. 

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Hey I seem to have the same issue as you. HFC nbn on the old Sagemcom fast 3864v3 HP. Where internet would cut out for a few minutes during the day a few times. I could still see the wifi signal on my phone, yet it wouldn’t let me access the internet, same when I was watching Netflix. I called them today and they are issuing me the 5366TN modem. Hope that resolves it

I see you posted your post a while ago. Can you update me on it now. Any issues or is it working fine still with no drop outs?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Jbabz84,

I had a similar problem with the 3864v3. It would reset itself or drop out every so soften. I got the 5366TN 2 days ago and no more problem. The wifi signal is much better too. Hopefully it would stay that way.
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Ok that's good to hear. How often would your previous one drop out? Once or twice a day? Or every few days? They are giving me a new modem so hope it works.

Otherwise ill be going for a new modem/router with the Boxing Day sales

0 Kudos
Reply
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

I had to use my own router because it was dropping out so many times in a day.
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Yeah I don’t have a spare one so I’m just waiting till they send it. Sucks because I have things like Ring Doorbell hooked up, security cameras, aircon. So to not being able to access them and have drop outs is not ideal. Let alone streaming/ download. I hope this new 5366TN is a big upgrade with connection stability and wifi range
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release


@Jbabz84 wrote:
Sucks because I have things like Ring Doorbell hooked up, security cameras, aircon. So to not being able to access them and have drop outs is not ideal. Let alone streaming/ download. I hope this new 5366TN is a big upgrade with connection stability and wifi range

Stability should improve but there seems to be mixed success with remote access to local networks.

0 Kudos
Reply