cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Responses for some of the recent questions asked:

juzdu - regarding logs: Have they set the correct time zone to their location in the device GUI,  in 192.169.0.1 / maintenance / internet time / time zone setting? 

Hoff80 - regarding firewall setting -  Firewall is locked to medium however DMZ and port forwarding is provided to allow access through the firewall to specific devices on the LAN the customer needs to set that up. 

YetAnotherAcc (no apology necessary but I appreciate the sentiment 🙂) - regarding DHCP, IP address and concurrent device limits:  We are supporting 192.168.0.1 / 32 by default, this can be changed to 10. Or a 172. range if you like but you need to set the gateway/ the start and end IP  to the same address range and click apply you will see a banner warning that the subnet will change than you click OK or apply.

The DHCP server will support 252 hosts in the subnet. 

LAN > 252 WIFI will support 64 on 2.4 and 5 Ghz. Connected devices. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

juzdu - regarding logs: Have they set the correct time zone to their location in the device GUI,  in 192.169.0.1 / maintenance / internet time / time zone setting?  

Timezone should not matter as all log entries end in :59:59 (from what I remember). If it was TZ, logs would be usable after accounting for TZ, but they all end in same :mm:ss and are all but useless.

Hoff80 - regarding firewall setting -  Firewall is locked to medium however DMZ and port forwarding is provided to allow access through the firewall to specific devices on the LAN the customer needs to set that up. 

That is workaround, not a solution. We need full on/off control and level control.

regarding DHCP, IP address and concurrent device limits:  We are supporting 192.168.0.1 / 32 by default, this can be changed to 10. Or a 172. range if you like but you need to set the gateway/ the start and end IP  to the same address range and click apply you will see a banner warning that the subnet will change than you click OK or apply.

Yep, that range warning applies to any subnet. I got that when I changed to 192.168.50.0/32 . 

The DHCP server will support 252 hosts in the subnet. 

Pretty much what I would have expected, although I'm curious as to why its 252 and not 255.

WIFI will support 64 on 2.4 and 5 Ghz. Connected devices. 

Is that 64 in total for wireless, or 64 for each 2.4 and 5?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Ray_YC yes, the status is synchronized in my Internet Time page, and it's showing the correct time.  The Time Zone is set to Canberra_Melbourne_Sydney_Hobart

But the logs are all showing 2019-12-09 23:59:59 for today

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, they have now acknowledged the log reporting incorrect time is an issue and will look to fix either A.S.A.P. or in the next firmware release.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Ray_YC Can you look at enabling hairpinning too ? Previous routers I used this feature was enabled by default.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ok- thanks @shizzy- appreciate the reply and info. Haven’t heard of hair-pinning but I will ask one of the comms engineers at my work. We can view cctv locally on the network but not externally even when opening ports. Our cctv provider is saying we need port 443 https port open but even setting a rule won’t allow it to open.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @Ray_YC. But even opening ports 80, 8000 & 554 and enabling DMZ on the device doesn’t allow our cctv connection from external devices? Is it this hairpinning issue blocking the traffic? When we do a rest on the router it works for 2 minutes then seems to be blocked and the connection is lost. Our provider Interlogix (Truvision device) has said that they also need port 443 (https) open but this appears to blocked even after trying to set a rule. I can see the other 3 ports above via, canyouseeme.org. But not 443? Is the hairpinning restriction connected to this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Hoff80,

Networks response: 

Best to do one or the other DMZ will forward all ports to one single host, port forwarding is more selective. 

If they just use DMZ as a test does that work?

Can you try and run and all service port scan from to see if the FW port to see if the appropriate ports are responsive.

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

We will follow up with our vendor on the 443 forward being not allowed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@naith wrote:

I'm on the SG4Y1T000085 version of the firmware, and my DHCP does not work. Static IP allocation for every device is my (non-ideal) solution. 

An update on this (DHCP server was not working, despite being on the most updated firmware. Help told me to call Sagemcom, but the phone number they gave never answered). 

I had to set a Static IP to every device, which worked OK (if annoying). Then I saw on this thread to try a full reset using the web interface. I tried this, but then the modem failed completely. No internet at all, even with every device using a static IP. I couldn't even reset the modem with the button. 

Help sent someone to check the NBN connection (which was fine), then sent someone to look at the modem (replaced). 

The new modem DHCP server works well. 

So for anyone else finding that the DHCP server is not working, this may be a faulty modem, not a firmware update issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I agree with you @YetAnotherAcc . This modem is a piece of junk. The only redeeming feature is that it appears to be able to achieve high speeds over HFC. 96Mbps Down/ 38Mbps Up in my case.

I too have a network that I would have to redesign because of this router.

My story with Optus is too traumatic and lengthy to state here and I don't want to inflict the same pain on readers of this post. Needless to say I have spent many hours to my frustration with Optus tech support, who are really nothing more than just glorified customer service staff (no offence to the customer service staff intended). I don't say that lightly however when you call about a business connection and you tell them over and over again that you want to adjust your LAN settings and they start playing around with you WAN settings, you know your in for as rough ride.

I'm still going through this issue with Optus however it is clearly not good enough both technically and customer service wise. If I treated my customers like Optus have treated me I would be out of business.

Regards,

Disgruntle Customer

0 Kudos