Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
hvorrath
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

A serious issue with this modem is that it doesn't seem to retain ANY settings if you turn it on and off again.

Not the SSID name, the passwords, settings to reserve IP addresses - all lost.

Is there some setting I haven't got turned on to get it to remember stuff?

0 Kudos
rw668
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The settings should be saved for reboot/restart, unless the router is reset. If it doesn't, it is faulty and please ask for replacement.
0 Kudos
juzdu
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed, I reboot mine at least weekly via power off/on, and it's saved all my changes re DHCP and LAN IP, parental controls etc...
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

As others have stated, if is not saving settings then it is clearly faulty. Contact Optus for a replacement. 

0 Kudos
hvorrath
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having this problem as well. I just read carefully through this thread, and found the post saying that you if you reboot the modem, you should get the latest firmware pushed down from Optus. I've turned the modem off and on more times than I can count, but instead of that I did a reboot from the Maintenance tab in the My gateway software. I now have the SG4Y1T000085 firmware. I turned the modem off and on again and woop-de-doo, it retained the settings. 

So I'm now hoping that the DHCP problem will also go away.

Why the hell don't the people on the Optus chat line know this?

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I have been having this problem as well. I just read carefully through this thread, and found the post saying that you if you reboot the modem, you should get the latest firmware pushed down from Optus. I've turned the modem off and on more times than I can count, but instead of that I did a reboot from the Maintenance tab in the My gateway software.

Maybe they'll get the message and just put an update firmware button so that we don't have to go through this BS and spin-the-wheel trying to get firmware updates.

I now have the SG4Y1T000085 firmware. I turned the modem off and on again and woop-de-doo, it retained the settings. 

Because of your constant rebooting it didn't even occur to me that you weren't on the latest firmware. Good that you are finally able to save.

So I'm now hoping that the DHCP problem will also go away.

Lets hope so. 

Why the hell don't the people on the Optus chat line know this?

Because they can't think for themselves, they get stuck on their scripts. No matter how much info you give them, or explain to them that you've done x or y 10 times already, they just can't figure things out and they won't ask for help internally to try and get the problem sorted.

0 Kudos
naith
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm on the SG4Y1T000085 version of the firmware, and my DHCP does not work. Static IP allocation for every device is my (non-ideal) solution. 

0 Kudos
juzdu
Contributor
Contributor

Say what now?  DHCP should be working even with the old firmware, albeit stuck on a 192.168.0.1 range.  If your 5366 won't issue DHCP there's something faulty with it...or something else wrong on your network.

While I'm at it...does anyone else have to log in EVERY time they try to reply to one of these messages?  I've told yescrowd to keep me logged in...but every day have to login again...and when I do it takes me to a home page, not the thread I'm trying to reply to.  Annoying!

0 Kudos
naith
New Contributor
New Contributor

@juzdu wrote:

Say what now?  DHCP should be working even with the old firmware, albeit stuck on a 192.168.0.1 range.  If your 5366 won't issue DHCP there's something faulty with it...or something else wrong on your network.

For my DHCP problem, the chat help people told me that there must be something wrong with my modem, that they cannot see into the settings of the modem, and gave me a phone number of Sagecom to ask for help. So far that number has always been engaged. 

Not sure what else I can do? 

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@juzdu wrote:

While I'm at it...does anyone else have to log in EVERY time they try to reply to one of these messages?  I've told yescrowd to keep me logged in...but every day have to login again...and when I do it takes me to a home page, not the thread I'm trying to reply to.  Annoying!

Yep, and I'm fairly sure I've seen that reported weeks ago.

0 Kudos