Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

In addition to port forwarding you will need to disable SIP passthrough/SIP ALG. See here.

0 Kudos
Ems_Pixie
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

A quick comment on the new Sagemcom 5366TN Gateway.

Yes, faster WiFi access, but....

I've had to give 5 PC's and then phones and tablets Static Addresses due to the number of times I've lost Internet Access on these items.

This is fine for me as I'm able to do so but I can only think of how many people are having problems with this Gateway.

Thumbs down I'm afraid.

Pan_D
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cross posting my DHCP issues from here https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Sagemcom-5366-TN-and-DHCP-problems/m-p/591446#M18265 as suggested.

1. After a while of operation the DHCP server will stop giving out IP addresses to new devices. e.g. a mobile phone that was previously connected will fail to get an ip address when returning home. I've been monitoring this one at it fails during the DHCP handshake - all looks normal until the router fails to send a final 'DHCPACK' message to confirm allocation of the address.

2. DHCP settings aren't persisted after the device is rebooted, e.g. disable DHCP and reboot the router, DHCP is set to enabled again. Which is a pain when I'm trying to set up an alternative DHCP server that actually works.

0 Kudos
mickeyjb
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I run the NBN to a mesh router, which deals with all the DHCP issues. Without a problem. It is then connected to 5366TN. My ethernet devices are also connected to 5366TN but have fixed IPs. No problem.... (yet...)
0 Kudos
Pan_D
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks - have you been able to disable DHCP on the 5366TN then?
0 Kudos
juzdu
Contributor
Contributor

If you have the new firmware you should be able to toggle the switch to turn DHCP offAnnotation 2019-11-04 104830.jpg

0 Kudos
rw668
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

May I know how to update firmware?  Mine is still SG4Y1T000031.

0 Kudos
Pan_D
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks. I do that, but it toggles back to ON whenever the router is rebooted.

Firmware version is SG4Y1T000085
0 Kudos
juzdu
Contributor
Contributor

I don't believe you can update the firmware yourself (without getting the update file from Optus), it should get pushed out to your router automatically.  I restarted mine a couple of weeks ago and noticed it was installed.

0 Kudos
juzdu
Contributor
Contributor

Dumb question I know, but are you hitting "Apply" at the bottom of the page after turning it off? Sorry I can't test it with mine as I have a house full of people accessing the internet right now!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors