cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN: Upload speed limit?

You can try the new router and see if it makes a difference. I still believe something on their end needs to be done also. In my case, they initially sent me a new router, but I persisted that it's not a router issue and someone finally acknowledged there was a provisioning problem and tried to fix it but it did not work so put in a case to get it fixed. However, that turned to a pending order and was pending for days, so I thought I might as well do the most I could on my end to nudge this pending order, so finally I rebooted the modem also put in a new 5366TN router and it worked, if I didn't have the new router I would have reset the old router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

I got this modem and it's nice and all but for some reason all of a sudden none of my devices can pick up the 2.4GHz SSID. They could yesterday but nothing at all today.

The modem is showing 2.4GHz has working but no SSID showing, I can only see the 5GHz one.

I've reset settings, changed channels, power, 801.22g only, pretty much everything but still can't see it.

Faulty unit perhaps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I tried another router. It worked well and delivered 38Mbps UL. It is clear 5366 router issue. Will try to reset 5366.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I did factory reset. It did not work. I think we need to login using an admin account to get access to the advanced settings including QoS. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Jay_Ball interesting..did you also reboot the modem ? Also what did Optus say can they see an issue?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I did. And I did factory reset. None worked. I spoke to optus tech support. the tech support spent a long time to explain to me wifi is much slower than wired connection (it was frustrating!) and asked me to reset the modem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Optus should lift up firewall. I cannot get incoming call because i put optus routwr as a bridge while i use mu old netgear R8000 as a main.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can you port forward through it?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I did port foward to port 5060 of optus 5366 router. It ring a few times then call cannot come through. It ring a few times again after i made a successful dial out. Again no dial in ringing. I think it is because of firewall.

Optus told me i hv to put optus in front of my netgear router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

They told me the same - I have no issue. I port forwarded to 5060 too.
0 Kudos