cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

Hi, Yes Crowders. We've compiled a bit of information around the release of the Sagemcom F@st 5366TN Home Broadband Modem. Check out some the new features below: 

Sagem F@ST 5366 TN Modem front and back .pngThe new look Sagemcom modem

Compatibility

The Sagemcom F@st 5366TN supports all existing Fixed broadband access technologies:

• Optus Cable (HFC)
  • Optus DSL Direct
  • nbn™ Fibre to the premises
  • nbn™ Fibre to the node
  • nbn™ Fibre to the basement
  • nbn™ Fibre to the curb
  • nbn™ HFC

Improvements

Improved WiFi range and stability

The Sagemcom F@st 5366TN comes equipped with 4x4 MU-MIMO (multi-user, multiple input, multiple output) WiFi. Traditionally, single user routers can only send and receive data to one device at a time.

Data is sent and received in a sequential order. MU- MIMO offers the ability to send data to several devices simultaneously, instead of just one. You can also transfer data to a device connected to your Network using multiple data streams at once.

So, what’s the benefit? You should expect less congestion on your WiFi Network, faster speeds and a more stable connection.

2.4GHz and 5GHz support

The Sagemcom 5366TN is a dual band modem. The 5GHz frequency band allows for faster WiFi speeds over shorter distances. There’s also the option to switch between the 2.4GHz & 5GHz network depending on individual usage needs.

When I should use 5GHz? 

Connect to the 5GHz band when you’re within close range to your modem. Higher frequencies transmit data at a faster rate, resulting in quicker download and upload speeds.

When should I use 2.4GHz?

Lower frequencies have the added advantage of being able to penetrate solid objects, like walls and floors. So, If the range of your Wireless Network is of importance, you’ll want to connect to the 2.4GHz band. The 2.4GHz band is suited for those with larger homes with multiple devices in separate rooms to your modem.

Specifications 

WiFi Standard:                      USB Ports

802.11b/g/n                              1

802.11ac 4x4 MIMO               Phone Ports

Frequency band                     2 x FXS                    

Dual band 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz

Dimensions                             Lan Speed

200 x 120 x 120 mm               10/100/1000Mbps

Weight

600 g

LAN ports

Where can I find more information?

Have any questions? Leave us a comment below Smiley Happy 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
76 Replies
New Contributor EkulP
New Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

So how can I get this modem? Since I've connected to the NBN I've had two Sagemcom 3864v3 HP sent to me and they've both failed. So right now I'm using a temporary modem that allows me to use internet and wifi but won't work with the telephone. 

I tried asking on the internet chat support can I get this new modem sent to me and they seem to think you can't get this modem yet.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

JHeya, @EkulP. The default replacement modem is now the Sagemcom F@st 5633TN. 

If we've determined that you're existing modem is faulty, or if you've received a replacement modem that hasn't resolved the issue - I'd suggest jumping onto Live Chat or even our Social Media service team on Facebook or Twitter.

You shouldn't have to specifically ask for the new modem. I've gone in and placed a few replacement modem orders from my side. In all cases, the customer received the new modem Smiley Happy 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor YetAnotherAcc
Contributor

Well, I just got off live chat trying to find out what happened to a replacement that was supposed to have been sent on 14/9, only to find out that the order was done incorrectly and that it wasn't shipped.

They now supposedly just placed a new order, and what as surprise that its the 3864 even though I asked for the new one specifically before they placed the order. They insist that only the 3864 is compatible with my FTTC connection.

By the way, is the new one 5366TN or 5633TN, as both are listed in this thread?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@YetAnotherAcc,

It's the 5366TN. The post was edited, but the incorrect model was still showing in the reply header (I've fixed this to avoid to confusion).

The model number hasn't been updated in our servicing/ordering system, agents are still seeing the Sagemcom F@st 3864 on the modem selection screen.

We've updated our internal knowledge base to advise agents that we'll be shipping the 5366 despite our systems displaying the incorrect model number.

Contributor

Thanks for the clarification @Dan_C .

One of the biggest frustration with optus for me is the lack of consistency/quality/accuracy of information because it inevitably means I end up wasting time in calls/chat trying to get things sorted.

Occasional Contributor khios
Occasional Contributor

Well this one seems a little better. At least we now have access to the logs. Still no access to the Sip settings. 

Wifi seems to throw further but I'll test that out shortly. 

Dont surpose you want to give us the admin password and stuff Smiley Wink saves the effort of working it out ourselves Smiley Wink to access the rest of the firmware Smiley Happy 

Occasional Contributor khios
Occasional Contributor

it seems this router hijacks the DNS. you cant use google DNS on your phone/PC. Only way around it is VPN. So if your wanting to access sites blocked for copyrite (for educational reasons you understand) this modem will NOT allow you to by using google DNS etc

Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Hi @Dan_C , are you back? Are you still using that iphone? Is this new modem better? 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor

Received the 5366TN today and immediately ran into a big problem:

1) you can't change its default 192.168.0.1 IP address. Although the fields are editable in the LAN / DHCP section there is no apply button in that section. The only apply button is a the bottom of the page in the DHCP Leases section but that doesn't affect the devices IP address.

My main home router is on 192.168.0.1 and it dishes out static IP's for all my devices and does a lot of other things including being the default DNS for all my devices. Its a massive hassle for me to rework my network just to accommodate the 5366TN 's . I've never had (or even heard of) any other modem/router which would not allow an IP change.

Other issues I've noticed after a brief look at its settings:

2) Can't change the host name from the default "mygateway".

3) Can't change static DNS server settings ( as per https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/DNS-Hijacking-F-ST-5366/td-p/588017 ).

4) Firewall does not appear to allow remote access to my network. It has it's level set to MEDIUM (unchangeable) which shows "WAN -> LAN = Block all". Although I do not need remote access at the moment to my home network, I'm sure there are plenty of other people that need it for theirs.

5) Numbers are shown in european format (i.e. 4,56MB instead of 4.56MB on the Device Info/Statistics page.)

How soon can we expect fixes for the important problems 1, 3 and 4?

Top Contributors