cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Drak
Occasional Contributor

New NBN

My elderly parents had to move over to NBN home phone after Optus gave them no choice as they were shutting down there current service.

Changed plans locked in for 24 months (paying more now)and booked in installation. Was advised on the phone by Martin from Optus that it is all organised and the phone line will work with the NBN. Don't have to arrange anything else.  Order #68576338 

Installers installed the modem in a room that has no exisiting phone line, nor did they run a line to that room. This is after they walked through the house and asked were are the phone sockets.

Now my parents are paying more for a service they can't use.

Went into 7/4/2019 Optus Southland store Sev was great, case number was provided 20904413 and was told a case manager will get to me in 48 hours.

10/04/2019 called optus was told by Srushti that she eccalated the issue and some will call me back.

Today 14/04/2019 parents still have  no phone and I have no reply from this phantom case manager.

Next step I think is the Obisiman.

Regards
George Drak
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: New NBN

Hi

With NBN The existing telephone sockets will not work. The home phone needs to be connected by plugging it into the Optus modem. As the modem has been installed in a different room to the one where the phone is required the easiest way is to purchase a cordless phone and then you can plug the base station into the modem and have the handset where it is required.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: New NBN

Checking the case ticket this has since been resolved and have raised a complaint with the NBN regarding moving the NTD and modem.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos