cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Ryan1992
Occasional Contributor

Re: New NBN service, DSL flashing, no internet

21/5/28- No call within 24hrs as stated, high time for another phone call Smiley Happy though I feel like im good friends with everyone in technical support now... every cloud... Anyway, went through the usual aaaannnnnd THEY'RE SENDING SOMEONE OUT!!! WOOOOOO!!! hopefully... lets not get over excited now... 

Additionally, used the WeChat system to discuss not paying the bill, the person on the other line was trying to convince me to pay the bill and that we'd get credited when its all working. I respectfully declined stating that I would only pay an adjusted bill once the issue is fixed. To which we both agreed. 

Still no internet, but at least its not raining...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

22/5/2018- Got a text whilst at work saying the issue is resolved! Horah! 

But maybe not, I'd already booked half a day off work because we were told a tech would come to the house...

Soooooooo on with the WeChat again with the delightful Gary...

Now im at work this time so I cant fault find, however, he checked the connection his end and all should be merrry i was assured... until.. I let the bomb drop and explaind the modem had been unplugged since yesterday... 

After a bit of 'refreshing the system' it then showed to be unplugged, so who knows, will there be a resolution? How will our caped crusaders escape from this one? Stay tuned... until i get home...

0 Kudos
New Contributor WesBrown
New Contributor

Sounds like you are having fun.

My internet connection which was working fine for a year and a half, well..... it dropped out around April 4th.  Several Optus visits, several Telstra visits, 2nd modem, hours on the phone to techs.... still not working!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Its not great WesBrown, luck you've had it for a year and a half... we've never had internet in this house...

22/5/18- Part 2 "The Reckoning"

Apologies I just think a part 2 title needs to be somewhat sinister. I got home an hour and a half ago and I've still got no internet, like I suspected, so time to boot up the ol' typing hands. Ive become a fan of the web chat system these past few weeks and I'm afraid ill miss it when I go... sorry... IF I go.

Usual nonsense fault finding bojargen, but I've now given optus a deadline of 2 weeks, then I' moving ISP and I' not paying any cancellation fees. They've finally noted down that the MAC address is incorrect and that the router I' using doesn't match the one on there system.
I tried, somewhat feebly, to ask if they could offer me a mobile hotspot because we've been chewing through phone data for a month now. I may have shocked the person on the other end when they asked "do you have an optus phone?" and i responded gleefully with "haha hell no I' with telstra" but apparently they offer no compensation if your phone provider is different...

The fault code has been reopened... again... its just interesting because back home the circus would only be in town for a week...

0 Kudos
Top Contributors