cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor skijc
Occasional Contributor

New NBN connection, green lights on router, no internet. Help?

Hello. 

We have been with Optus for many years. No issues at all. Untll we decided to switch to the NBN which seems to be requried ? Over a month now. we have no internnet. At home we need have to use our hotspot on the mobile phone.

A NBN tech come out and contected the NBN box into my daughter bed room. Stating that this was the only Contection he coud find, which was an old telstra line. We since then had our electrition come out to move everthing to the office. 

Conceted the new Optus router. All the light are green. But no internet...  Called Optus many time.  every time it has been a diffrent story.. Had two appointment for a tech to come viit us, both times a  no show.   Sinec then we have two new modems showed up.?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: tech

Plug a PC/laptop directly into the NBN modem and boot it up. Do you get the internet?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Thanks for the advice.   Pluging into the NBN, still does not work.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If all lights are green then it suggests everything is fine as far as the NBN is concerned.

It would seem Optus just have to turn the taps on at their end. This can involve you pluging in one of the modems (to the WAN port by the way) and contacting Optus - I would suggest using the Optus mobile phone app. They then ask for the serial number etc. and can hopefully activate the line. 

Regardless it should be a simple fix. You should be buggin them every day until they get it sorted (Its their job, not the NBNs).

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I have done the run around with costumer and tech support, twice a day for over a week.  It taken a while to get a consistent answer, that the the background tech guys will resolve the issue buy the 26th July.  I am no holding my breathe. If not resolved buy then with no honest answer I will leave Optus completely.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos