Searching...
Accepted Solution

New Customer.... does any anyone care???

Jfraz

I ordered thousands of dollars worth of internet, Fetch Mighty, Fetch Minis etc. from OPTUS.  I ordered this on March 6th, 2019 and over the past 2 weeks not one response, text or email has arrived!  I then began chatting online as the call centre had a 48 minute wait time!!  

I chatted 7 times to get the status of my order and all they can tell me is that my order is “Stuck” in the system and to reach it on Monday!!!!   In any viable business that cares about its customers you would process an order ON THE SAME DAY IT WAS ORDERED! .... or at a minimum you would get a thank you email with some sort of next step!!!!   I have received no communication from OPTUS whatsoever.    This is truly the most disgraceful services I have ever received anywhere!  

Re: New Customer.... does any anyone care???

Jeneral__Pain

Perhaps if you've ordered so much in one hit, they are carefully credit assessing you prior to acceptance. This is actually them not only protecting themselves from fraud but also protects you from overburdening yourself with debt.

If an order is stuck, clicking your fingers won't make it process any faster. It all depends on what caused it to get stuck, if it as I suspect that they are worried about fraud (Since you've admitted to ordering multiple Fetch Boxes and a whole bunch of connections), it's possible until they complete their checks NOTHING can be done by anyone. Fraud is a serious thing and it takes time to verify every fact/piece of information.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Jfraz

Sorry Mate. That is BS.  They have all my identity information.  They were just incompetent!!

lachie74

Do yourself a favour.. cancel everything while you can and go elsewhere. Optus are a joke.

DAVO78

I know how you feel, chatted with them 8 times and still waiting for one e mail, we have hade no phone for nearly 3 weeks since NBN was installed, they took our old number and gave us a new one all without asking, this is a comunications company thats need to get some phones and laptops so they can TALK TO EACH OTHER, AND THEN MAYBE,JUST MAYBE,  CAN CHAT TO US the people that count, they should be on a talent show as they can make things stop working without touching things, and why does it take sooooo  long to fix things Regards David    in WA    

pissedoff66

On 12 03 2019 I set up a new Optus Broadband service (order reference #68464826). The modem that Optus provided would not set up. Over the past 10 days I have had several conversations with three levels of Optus technical support to rectify the situation. My wait time on hold in 5 attempts to discuss the fault with technical support is in excess of 6 hours. On 25 March I was finally able to actually speak with a senior advisor who told me that he needed to do some testing and would call me on the 26th at an agreed time. I remained at home to assist with diagnosing the fault but the call did not eventuate. On 27 March I called and was able to speak with the same advisor who agreed that my modern was faulty and required replacement. The adviser advised that he would call me the next day 28 March to discuss replacing the modem; however, the advisor failed to call. This morning I have spent over 1 hour on hold from 05:30 to be advised that there would be a delay of up to 90 minutes to answer my call. The Optus technical department is deplorable and all I require now is to speak with them to cancel my Optus broadband service. I cannot even do this. HELP PLEASE.

Highlighted
Solution

Ray_YC

Hi there, very disappointing to hear about this experience. If you still need assistance this is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

If not, please chat with us.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
28 Kudos