cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor al99
New Contributor

New Cable Connection Modem + Router XBox user login not working

Hi

Just moved house and now back on Optus Cable. Have default Optus Netgear Modem and Sagemcom Router. Last place I was in I had Amaysim NBN and Xbox was fine.

Now when I start the Xbox it won't log in to the users I have setup. It will say internet required even though it is showing an internet connection.

I have read previous tickets about IPv6 issues and port forwarding. I have set the XBox to have a Static IP address. I couldn't find any info though on what ports to open for general XBox use. There was for specific games but not for XBox in general.

If I reboot the modem then the routher then restart XBox it will work for a bit but then after I close it all down etc and restart it will go back to not working again.

This is obviously not a pratical long term solution.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
New Contributor al99
New Contributor

Re: New Cable Connection Modem + Router XBox user login not working

This is still happening but I have found that if I restart the XBox console once or twice it picks it up ok. This is still very frustrating though.

I have to select Restart it as well (through Settings > Restart Console), not just turn it off and on. If I just power it off then on again it still doesn't work.

I still have Netgear modem/router from my NBN Amaysim setup (Netgear NF17ACV). Is there anyway I can replace the Optus router with this?

I tried plugging it in and did't work and couldn't work how to login to the Optus modem that was supplied. I have the details but couldn't work out the IP address to connect to the modem (the router shows up on 192.168.0.1).

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors