Searching...
Highlighted

Netgear cable modem CM500V orange light on cannot connect to internet.

BlackMonk
Hi All, My cable internet has been stable for about 12 months no issues, until today midday saturday the 12th of January 2019. I've covered all the basics like factory reset, power cycle, disconnecting the cable and no good. when I log into the cable modem, it says, cable connection in progress. that's it. In the modem I see the downstream light orange, and that's it. I ring optus support, and they did checks and said and everything appears to be in order, and that my cable modem is faulty. and they will send me another one due to arrive between 5-7 business days. Has anyone else had to get this modem replaced because of the orange light? or is a my cable? bear in mind that it was working this morning. Thanks

Re: Netgear cable modem CM500V orange light on cannot connect to internet.

Jeneral__Pain

The fact the modem can't find the other end could be either the modem is faulty or the cable connection to the street is also faulty. It's hard to say, but they've obviously checked the node your cable service sits off (note, node is not the same as "exchange" for DSL) and found no area fault so they've decided to replace the modem first.

If after modem replacement, you still get the "orange flashing light", then it'll need a tech to visit.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Re: Netgear cable modem CM500V orange light on cannot connect to internet.

BlackMonk

Well, I have spoke to someone else, and they did a test, and they reckon now that there are major issues in my line.

Not so much for my modem, and it's a back end issue.

Been here without internet for 3 days now.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
76 Kudos
36 Kudos
34 Kudos
29 Kudos