cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Netgear DGN2200v4 Modem only mode

We have a Netgear DGN2200v4 device that works on Optus network when operating in Router+modem mode, but when we switch to modem only mode ADSL connection can't be established. Optus is specific that they do not block such operating mode, so does anyone knows what can be the reason for unsuccessful ADSL connection

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Netgear DGN2200v4 Modem only mode

Hi @Sello, apologies for the delay here.

Just to clarify: you're unable to establish a connection with the router when not using the modem?  The router must be connected to a modem, while the modem would work on its own via a wired connection.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Tano

I've swaped the modem provided by Optus (Sagemcom) with Netgear DGN2200v4

I need to understand why Netgear DGN2200v4 is not working on "Modem only" mode.

When i spoke to the tech support from Optus, they said it should be working.

They also mentioned that it's not blocked or anything, however i'm assuming they should add the mac address to their whitelist or something.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey there @Sello, generally speaking, the Netgear router isn't supposed to be utilised on it's own as it's an add-on for your Sagemcom modem. 

If you still need a hand, we can take a look. Please PM me with your username/account number.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @AlexRH, as per Optus, the Netgear modem is in their list of approved equipment 

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/extras/Approved-Equipment-List

So it should work when I remove Sagemcom modem and configure Netgear modem.

Just a quick background: Netgear modem has two modes, Modem only and Router + Modem.

It only works when i configure it on Router + Modem

I need to configure it on Modem only mode.

0 Kudos