Searching...
Highlighted

Netgear CG3000-2STAUS Modem Upload speeds slow and Wi-Fi Buffers

ChrisCaggs69

Hey Gang,

I have an optus netgear cg3000-2STAUS modem and getting download speeds of 87.45 mbps but uploads are crap at 0.88mbps.

On the wifi i get 20mbps and 1.25mbps upload. What would you recommend i do to increase upload speeds on netgear cg3000 - i've changed ethernet cables to cat 6 and downloads improved. I also bought a Netgear N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender but it's slower than the actial netgear modem itself

Re: Netgear CG3000-2STAUS Modem Upload speeds slow and Wi-Fi Buffers

SamSam

What type of internet connection do you have? Are you on Optus HFC/Cable or NBN? 

If its Optus HFC then that's about right (maxes out at 2Mbps I think) but on NBN it's quite low

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Re: Netgear CG3000-2STAUS Modem Upload speeds slow and Wi-Fi Buffers

ChrisCaggs69

Yes i'm on Cable Broadband until I switch over to Telstra NBN bundled in with Foxtel.

I also found out today that member services is no longer used. 

I have a new Cable Broadband Account number but what is missing is Optus featuring Foxtel account.
We always request a paper bill for both for $2.20 but didn't arrive both of them due to Optus changing their billing system.

I also read an interesting article that Optus are ditching the foxtel service when nbn becomes available with no agreement of a 18 month switch over period for NBN and we've been loyal customers since Optus Vision in 1996. 

Optus switch to digital and moved Optus Vision customers to the foxtel service in 2004. 

Here is the article from Sydney Morning Herald: https://www.smh.com.au/technology/optus-killing-pay-tv-in-nbnready-areas-what-are-the-alternatives-2...

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos