Searching...

Netgear CG3000 2 Staus Vs CISCO DPQ3925 WIFI CABLE MODEM

Gaveman69

Just Changed my plan to the New Optus 150GB Broadband with Homephone deal.

Happy with the changed that gives me more gig and faster broadband.

So my Old "Motorola Surfboard Modem" together with my "Neatgear WPN824v2" has to retired to the box in the garage.

The new Modem they gave me was the new "NETGEAR CG300 2Staus".. Works well for a few months now untill I've notice the WIFI had gone. Did all the reset etc for a few days and found out the Wifi doest not work at all.

Contacted the Support and they agreed. 

The internet worked but no wifi signal detected. So my "NETGEAR WPN824 v2" had come out of retirement to help out. I hooked it up as my WIFI router using ethernet connection. As soon I hooked it my laptop detect the wifi in seconds.

I used it untill the technician turn up today with the new Replacement modem. It was the new OPTUS CISCO DPQ3925.

I got back home after work and tried it on it's more than 11 hours now an the WIFI signal is still strong but

my Apple TV does not work at all.

My macbook did not detect my Apple TV at all..

So My lovely old "NETGEAR WPN824 v2" has come to the rescue again.

As soon I hooked it up via ethernet. My macbook detected it in seconds.

Plays all my movies, music, karaoke, etc...

Clearly there is an issue with both NEATGEAR CG3000 and CISCO DPQ3925.

They should go back to the drawing board before release it..Thinking of jump over to the Competion and check out their Technology...

Re: Netgear CG3000 2 Staus Vs CISCO DPQ3925 WIFI CABLE MODEM

leahg
We have moved house and had our line installed 10 days ago, we have just had a technicians as the line was really poor quality. The repair has resolved our static phone line but we are unable to use our wireless broad band outside the room it was installed. Which inconveniently was a bedroom as it was the only room the technician could install it, after doing some research it appears the issue maybe the Cisco Modem they have installed. It would have been very clear to the Technician that where he installed the line that we would have to use wireless connections, so why was a modem installed that is primarily recommend for Ethernet cable use? We were we not asked, if we would require wireless conections we really only use tablets so always require wireless conections? We have gone from ASDL, with a Netgear modem and told cable would be so much better, but we cant even use it.......... Totally gutted!

Tom

Sorry to hear about this leahg! If the tech has installed it in that particular room, it would usually mean that it was the only viable option to do it. With regards to the WiFi - perhaps there's some interference causing a weaker signal - have you tried changing the WiFi channel? 

There may also be options for things such as WiFi extenders if you have ever seen these? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Tarantini

I am about to ditch my old SB5101 and Netgear WPN824v2 also (they have been great servants for 10 years but I need faster speeds now). Your experience with the two Optus supplied devices makes me want to look for alternatives. Has your CISCO issue been resolved? 

Guy

Hey Tarantini. We are no longer supplying the CISCO DPQ3925 and the only cable modem we now supply is the Netgear CG3000v2. We have great feedback about this device from our users and I'm sure you'll love it Smiley Happy

Tarantini

Okay thanks. How do I get one?

Guy

How about you PM me your details such as full name, service/account number and DOB and we can have a look for you. 

[ Edited ]
Tarantini

Edited: Post contained sensitive information.

Sam_D

Thanks for that, Tarantini! I've sent you a PM - I'll chat with you there. 

cembosaurus

Here is another great feedback. I have CG3000v2 and experiencig wireles problems (constant dropout and extremely slow connection).

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
80 Kudos
77 Kudos
71 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos