Searching...
Highlighted

Netgear AC800s | Extremely slow speeds...

JustinBerger
Hi everyone, We just got a Netgear AC800s, and the speeds we get are just a huge disappointment. Barely 1Mbps all day long... It was much better for the first 5 days maybe, but since then it’s rarely above 1Mbps. We are in central Sydney (Darlinghurst) where coverage is good, we have Optus mobile phones and get a good 4G coverage and speeds up to 20-30Mpbs. So I just dont understand why the modem is providing such poor connections to our devices. If anyone has any idea of what is happening, that would be helpful! Thanks

Re: Netgear AC800s | Extremely slow speeds...

Paddylee

Connecting via wifi or usb cable?

First thought is WIFI issues before actual 4g issues - especially with the phone getting faster speeds.

The device will connect to a pc via the supplied USB cable - try this way and see what happens.

[ Edited ]
JustinBerger
Thanks - I tried multiple times and basically I get the same speed with Wi-Fi or the USB cable. Any idea what could cause the slow speeds? The modem shows 4 or 5 bars and 4G+, but the speed I get on my devices is ridiculously low... EDIT: I actually just did some more tests with only one device connected to the modem (Wi-Fi and then USB) and I do get a quite big difference between USB (~20Mbps) and Wi-Fi (~5Mbps). What kind of adjustment can I do to the Wi-Fi connectivity to enhance the speed? Thanks!

Paddylee

As WIFI is a shared resource you may be using the same band as one of your neighbours etc.

The device has functionaility to change the WIFI channel, i would go up in incriments of 3, e.g. 1,4,7 & 11 and see which one got you the best results.

JustinBerger

Thanks again. I have tried to change channels but it's hard to see any difference.

I am starting to think that this is a network issue, the RSRP and RSRQ of the modem are poor (-91 and -16) and when I compare them with what I get on the iPhone, it's totally different.

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
26 Kudos
13 Kudos
13 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos