cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Aloks
New Contributor

Netgear AC800S data limit feature

Has anyone used the data limit feature on AC800S via smartphone android app ?

It seems that the data limit is not applied and I can continue to browse past it.

I am on Optus 500GB plan and there is no cap feature from Optus. Once 500GB is exceeded I am charged $10 for additional 10GB data. It seems data limit feature on this router can come handy to stop excess usage.

Any suggestions or experience ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Netgear AC800S data limit feature

Not sure about the app but alternatively if you weren't aware you should be receiving usage alerts to be aware of your data and can monitor the usage by logging into your My Account. This is advised in the FAQs on the plan page.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Aloks
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

My goal is to avoid access usage (>500GB is charged at $10 for 10GB and goes on automatically till $150 or so).

From the Netgear app I can see there is "Data Limit" that can be set on the usage and optionally alerts in the device can be set.

Expectation is that when data limit is enabled, the device should stop data transfer once the limit is reached. However this does not happen.

On the other side, data alerts in Optus myaccount or Optus Android app are quite delayed and dont give real time usage. In my last case the delay was ~20min to report the actual excess usage.

Screenshot_20190514-181103_Mobile.jpg

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Yes that's right. Have you tried going to the Play Store and leaving feedback for the App in question and/or contacting the developer?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Aloks
New Contributor

Netgear only support via case tickets. Also this feature is for the device rather than android app.

Support ticket cant be created by me as there is support for hardware replacement only.

Can't optus get new firmware for the device to correctly support the feature?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.  

You can try logging it as a fault.

0 Kudos