Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Hanz089
New Contributor

Nbn

Ok I'm having issues understanding the switch to NBN. 

we are forced to move to the NBN due to the government but we are always forced to change our plans??

cant I just keep my existing plan and just be migrated to the NBN?!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Nbn

Yes, you will be forced to change plans as their cost to provide the service is totally different to non NBN plans.

While Optus says you might be able to keep your existing plan (I remember seeing that in some of the communications I received), I've never heard of anyone actually being able to do so.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Nbn

The NBN is a 10-1000 upgrade to the entire national communications network. In theory keeping the entire old national network running and the entire new national network running could be done but it really not practical.

So a cut off point has to be set and generally its around 18 months after the NBN arrives in your suburb. Both households and Telcos are subject to this law and all contracts will end without penalty.

The NBN is a new situation and offers some amazing benefits beyond what you have had. More speed, More choice and more flexibility.

The short answer to your question is no, you can't keep your current plan. Have a look around and see what else is on offer. It might be better.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos