Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Betteroptions
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN100mbps.... best joke ever

Hi crowd- 

I'm on the NBN100mbps unlimited fusion plan.   How's everyone's download speeds. Mine are abysmal. I swapped from Telstra because their customer service was appalling. Unfortunately the speeds I've been getting from Optus since July are a fraction of what I got from previously - I'm lucky to get 35mbps on the best days... tonight is the worst currently getting a flaky 2mbps - 8mbps... in between complete dropouts.   what a joke! 

There must be a law against wilfully lying to consumers.... time to go check it out.  

Not happy. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NBN100mbps.... best joke ever

What NBN tech are you on? FTTN?

What speeds do you get off peak. Say first thing tomorrow.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: NBN100mbps.... best joke ever

There was a law; says so on the front page of Optus

Did you purchase an Optus NBN plan on or after 1 September 2015? You may be entitled to a partial refund or be able exit your contract without cost. Optus is providing remedies to consumers who purchased NBN internet plans where their fibre to the node (FTTN) or fibre to the building (FTTB) connection was not capable of delivering the speeds promised. We acknowledge that by doing so, we likely breached the Australian Consumer Law. Optus will be contacting affected consumers no later than 2 March 2018 to offer options including a refund, moving to a lower speed plan or exiting their contract. Click here for more information, or contact us on 1300 170 576.