cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN

I know this issue will have been already raised, but how does anybody get to speak to someone in Australia regarding broadband dropout problems (7 times tonight & counting). I refuse to correspond in any way with someone from the Philipines or any other overseas country, I have a very slim success rate with them

11 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN

Agree its all about the bottom line.  Poor internet speed, drop-outs, disconnections, customer service overseas. ACCC is sleeping on Job i reckon.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus seem to have two levels of customer - AAA when you are considering to agree to a contract and ZZZ the exact moment you sign up

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @dp1302, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues getting your NBN problems resolved. It is expected that any Tech Support staff should be able to assist regardless of their geographical location. In your instance, it sounds like a fault ticket should be raised and investigated by our Case Management team. They are a back end team so you will need to jump into Live Chat with Tech Support to get the case raised and then someone from Case Management will follow up in the following days.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I signed up to a mobile & nbn plan with Optus in November, since then I have lost count of the times I've had to contact Optus to try and get problems resolved. I'd try the online chat option but there's a slight problem, my internet doesn't stay connected for

long enough to get anything done, I am paying for a service that is not being provided, the same as hundreds of other customers.

As I said I will not ring the helpline, waste of time, any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Please feel free to send me your account number, full name, DOB and contact number in a private message. You can leave it with me and I'll run through the notes and follow up asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm not sure why my messages aren't flowing through to your end.

I've copied my response below:

Dan_C
Dan Cherny

PrivateRe: Nbn

Thanks for sending your details through for us David.

I've just had a scroll through your service report and you wern't exaggerating.

We've logged 12+ service drop outs yesterday alone. We definitely need to get this one sorted. 

I can see that they've attempted some trouble shooting. They've gone in and changed your line profile to 'stable.'

Essentially it adds an additional layer of noise protection to the line. 

I've gone in and submitted a referal to our NBN case management team. The referal ID for this one is - 75342.

We're looking at a call back time-frame of 1-2 working days. I've left contact number 04*******. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

I've received two text messages now advising that someone has tried to ring me,

my phone didn't ring and I've received calls from other people so there is no issue

with my phone. I am still having dropouts with my internet, so nothing has been

solved. What's the next course of action, give up?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@dp1302, I can always leave a comment on the referral stating that you've not yet received a call.

I can go back and specify a time-range that'd work best for you.

8AM-12PM

12PM - 5PM

5PM - 9PM

Let us know and I'll relay that back to the team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Any one of those time ranges is fine, I know this is stupid

but can you make sure they're ringing the right number.

0 Kudos