Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN technician no show

I have my NBN installation appointment booked for 31/3/2020 8am to 12pm (yesterday) but nobody show up. When I track my order it showed "NBN - your appointment is completed" and "service activation - in progress" .

I called the 1300300990 number and hold for hours and no answer during this period.

I went to the Optus shop and they said that during this period the nbn technician may be busy and they can't help.

I managed to contact Optus through Facebook messenger but can't confirmed my details because they have my date of birth not matched. (I remembered  when I on-line chat with the optus operator when I place my NBN order they got it wrong and they said they will correct it on their side).

How can I book for another NBN appointment?

Optus notice me my cable service will be disconnected on 16/Apr/2020 and doesn't look like my NBN installation will be completed before that date. Will Optus disconnect my cable before my NBN is activated?

I am working from home now and can't afford to have no internet.

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN technician no show

hello get use to Optus doing a no show and really bad tech support they have to be the worst nbn on the market just giving you a heads up
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @kievnut, doesn't sound like a good activation experience to be having - I'm sorry it's been the case.

Just to clarify, if your NBN appointment was scheduled it's possible that the tech did attend but were working outside of your premises. This is common for some connection types. 

You might just need to connect your modem into a socket to get it all activated, but we'll let you know via SMS when the connection has been finalised. 

We wouldn't you to be without service in the interim, and generally don't disconnect a service until the new one is up and running.

In this instance I'd recommend getting in touch with our team through Messenger so we can take a closer look at what's happening with your order.

Just a heads up, our Messenger team are currently experiencing delays but will get back to you as soon as they can. If you can leave them with your details and full name it'll ensure that you're getting a resolution faster. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

>>>You might just need to connect your modem into a socket to get it all activated

Should the NBN tech bring in a NBN modem? I only received a Sagemcom fast 5366TN from Optus.

On the delivery note there is one item 

Material : 2985075

Description : BOM; FTTC Modem AC

Del Qty : 1

Do you know what is this? I only received the Sagemcom fast 5366TN and some paper documents, do they missed out the modem?

Also,

I don't have any copper wire phone socket at my place to plug in the NBN model,  is this something the NBN tech or Optus tech to install?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same thing happened to me technician was meant to come out an activate the nbn box and no show have been on hold for 3hrs and then they disconnected my call this is an absolute joke been trying to get connected for weeks now
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If you’re still needing a hand cvargas, we recommend chatting with us via the My Optus App by clicking this link on your mobile device. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same thing happened to me as well, appointment was set yesterday (29/4/2020). I waited the whole day but no NBN technician showed up. In the end, I did all the activation of the Optus NBN box on my own without any assistance. Also the Optus@Home app is completely useless because it would only work for old models of the Sagemcom modem routers but not the latest 5366tn. There was also no indication on the user guide on self installation of this problem. They should have update the guide when there is a new modem router that is given to customers.

Can we request a refund from Optus as we are paying $99 one time setup fee but no one showed up?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just a heads up kimpoon as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos