Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Talib
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN techncian - wrong reporting

3 NBN technicians have come to my house and they have said the same issue but are reporting something else.

In January 21, NBN techie came to install but said that I don't have a NBN cable and it needs to be installed from the pit to my house, pit is in front of my driveway. I said install now, but he said another team comes and drills for cabling... After 2 months 2nd technician came and said the same thing. I complained as to why 1st technician didn't report that there was not cable. He said he will report.

Now the technician reported that 'the customer didn't have the landlord's permission which was funny as I got the permission; however the 2nd techie reported the same.

Today on 26 April, 3rd technician came and checked the house for a point for 1 hour (mind you both earlier ones did the same) and then said the same thing.

Optus called me and asked why I m not getting 'landlords' permission. And I keep telling them 'I HAVE THE PERMISSION'.

Is someone making money out of it? What is going on? Is there a place to complain?

I am a loyal Optus customer since 2016. In Dec 20, got letter to install NBN in the town house.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jono_YC

Re: NBN techncian - wrong reporting

Hi @Talib it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues installing your NBN service. This is not the level of service which we aspire to achieve. As we're always looking to improve our service, I'll be sure to pass this onto our relevant teams to review.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The issue appears to be the 'landlords permission'. You say you have it. What do you have? A verbal conversation or a written letter? Has the landlord spoken to Optus or the NBN? Can you get the landlord to request the installation for you?
Talib
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes I have it via email. I have asked both Optus and NbN that I can forward the email. Neither has asked that they want to speak with the landlord.
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

I can understand where you're coming from @Talib

Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Ultimately your contract is with Optus. The NBNCo sets the requirements (like landlord authorisation) but its up to Optus to relay that information. It sounds like they haven't.

At this stage I'd suggest just asking another RSP to connect you to the NBN. The first time is the tricky one. Once you're connected then you can bounce around to any RSP (back to Optus for example) with a quick phone call and 2 hours down time.

Suggest you use Aussie Broadband as they have excellent staff that take ownership of any issues and also have a month to month contract so once connected you can then weigh up your options.
Top Contributors