Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Pm1955
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN speeds

How do you contact Optus to complain about your internet download speeds. Mine is currently at 0.1 down and 18 up I should be getting at least 48mbps on my nbn50 plan.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alex_RH
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: NBN speeds

Yikes! Not what we like to see, @Pm1955.

Did you run that speed test via WiFi? If so, please run one through an Ethernet/LAN cable to get the most accurate results for you connection.

Once you've done this, there are a few additional steps you can try:

1. If there’s noticeable difference between your WiFi and LAN speed, you can try switching between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi bands. (Note, you will need a Dual Band modem)
  2. Try re-positioning your modem. If possible, the higher the better and away from obstructions. Dense material such as concrete or solid brick walls may interfere with your WiFi signal
  3. Add a power-line adaptor/WiFi range extender to your network to improve connection quality or WiFi coverage

Another suggestion would be to download the Optus@Home app, which guides you through testing your WiFi speed directly and modifying settings. 

We have some extra information on improving your overall Broadband connection available here as well. 

0 Kudos