cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN speeds

How do you contact Optus to complain about your internet download speeds. Mine is currently at 0.1 down and 18 up I should be getting at least 48mbps on my nbn50 plan.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: NBN speeds

Yikes! Not what we like to see, @Pm1955.

Did you run that speed test via WiFi? If so, please run one through an Ethernet/LAN cable to get the most accurate results for you connection.

Once you've done this, there are a few additional steps you can try:

1. If there’s noticeable difference between your WiFi and LAN speed, you can try switching between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi bands. (Note, you will need a Dual Band modem)
  2. Try re-positioning your modem. If possible, the higher the better and away from obstructions. Dense material such as concrete or solid brick walls may interfere with your WiFi signal
  3. Add a power-line adaptor/WiFi range extender to your network to improve connection quality or WiFi coverage

Another suggestion would be to download the Optus@Home app, which guides you through testing your WiFi speed directly and modifying settings. 

We have some extra information on improving your overall Broadband connection available here as well. 

0 Kudos