cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN not working after NBN were here at the front unit. Job No. 18465274

Hello,

I rang Optus today, Job Number 18465274.

I live in a block of 3 townhouses.  I saw a NBN vehicle in the driveway near the front townhouse.  I know that they have been putting NBN on at the other 2 town houses as they told me a week ago and I believed it had been completed.  The NBN vehicle was at the front for 15 to 30 minutes.  I didn't get a chance to ask what they were doing but I went out to told them our home internet/NBN stopped while they were here and hasn't worked since.  

I rang NBN but was told I had to go through my service provider Optus.  I rang Optus and went through a heap of tests including powering down our modem and black box.   

I just got a message from Optus to say the problem was due to an outage but the outage was not in this area.  I got a text tonight to say my NBN was now fine and to contact again via this website if any problem.

Our NBN home internet is not working at all.  We are using hotspot from our mobile internet but can't keep doing it.

I have listed our job number.  Someone will need to come out and see what NBN have done.

Martin xxx

xxxxx (a Optus mobile)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN not working after NBN were here at the front unit. Job No. 18465274

I forgot to mention that my email address in MartinDoogue@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

We need our internet working urgently.  NBN will need to come out and fix up what they have done.  Our internet was working fine till they turned up in our driveway dealing with the townhouse in front of us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

We need our internet working urgently.  The only way to get it working again is to have NBN come out and fix up what they did. 

They have somehow disconnected us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry for the delay here Matin64, feel free to PM me your account details and I'll check it out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Jordan, you can't even spell my name correctly.  The service is absolutely crap with Optus and this YesCrowd rubbish should be closed down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Martin64, I've had a scroll through fault ticket - 18465274. We'd raised Incident ID - INC000007774617 with NBNco. 

A remark was left on the ticket yesterday at 12:38PM.

"Our field technician has attended the premises and has identified the 'Problem / Cause / Action Taken' as the following: LEAD-IN CONNECTORS OR TERMINATORS / CORROSION / REPLACED." 

If you're still experiencing issues and you'd like a moderator to follow up for you, please send us a PM and include your full name & DOB.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

FYI - I've edited your post in order to remove your personal details. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos