Searching...
Accepted Solution

NBN modem

lanegd01

I have recently moved to NBN with fetch TV.

My modem has constant drop outs and only seems to run at 2.4ghz. It is a white Sagecom f@st 3864V3 OP. I think this may not be the correct modem for my set up as I have connection problems when using more than two devices. 

I've done resets of modem, NBN and fetch. Issue is resolved for a few minutes then starts again. Any help appreciated

Graeme

Re: NBN modem

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Did you sign a new contract (i.e. 12 months?) in moving to the NBN.

Optus should have supplied you with the newer model in that situation. Its black and dual band etc. (3864AC)

They should actually be happy enough to send you out one on request, especially as this one appears to be having trouble. The white model did have some general issue anyway I believe. There might be a small upgrade fee.

Are you on FTTN? If so you should ask Optus what the max rated speed your line is. What speed plan are you on?

Also if FTTN try disconnecting all other phone ports etc. as perhaps they are interfering.

Another option if you don't use a phone line in the house is to just buy a good modem. The Optus supplied ones are ok but not great.

Peter Gillespie 

Kartika

Sorry to hear about your NBN modem issue, @lanegd01. Were you able to chat with Tech Support in this regards since posting? If you still need assistance then please let us know.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

lanegd01

Yes thanks. Optus is supplying correct modem

Solution

lanegd01

Thanks for your help Peter

I'm on a new contract with FFTP.  Optusnet has agreed tonprovide the correct modem

Regards

Graeme

lanegd01

Hi Katrika,

I'm still having issues. Optus sent me exactly the same modem as I have despite assuring me it would be a dual band one. How do you get to the right person at Optus.

I don't have hours and hours to spend on hold.

petergdownload

Frustrating. I'll flag @Kartika and perhaps she can look into the issue further for you.

Peter Gillespie

lanegd01

Optus is sending another modem! I hope this works

Dan_C

If you'd like us to go in and confirm that the correct modem has been organised, I'm happy to do that. I really don't want a repeat of your last experience.

We've got the white Sagemcom F@st 3864OP V3 and the black Sagemcom F@st 3864AC V3. 

Fill out the template below and send that through via PM.

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:
Account number:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

@petergdownload, @Kartika is a he Smiley Very Happy

It's actually Kartik A 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
38 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos