Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN Suspension Removal Failed

Hi, 

I have been having trouble with my broadband service. Months ago I asked for my broadband and telephony service to be transferred to my mobile account. However, Optus only moved my telephony account and left the broadband svc in the old account. I didnt realise there was an unpaid bill and my service was suspended two days ago. 

I have since tried contacting Optus to get the suspension lifted. 4 times I spoke to different people and I was told the same thing over and over again ( wait for 4 hrs and restart the modem, on one contact I was told to wait for 24 hrs). I still have no internet. 

Could anyone help? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NBN Suspension Removal Failed

Did you lose a dial tone?

If not then you can use the Optus app to report the bill paid and they'll usually switch you back on once they get that.

If you lost a dial tone then it can be more involved.

All I can suggest is keep ringing or livechat and Optus should eventually get around to hooking you back up.

Options here

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have lost my dial tone too. I have managed to call Optus and try to sort this out again. I finally got to speak to someone who knows what might have happened. 

thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hi @natoptus,

Have we made any progress on this one? Did the consultant give you any indication as to how this all came about? It's odd that you'd asked to consolidate both account but we've only managed to transfer across the landline service. It's interesting because the way the two services are set up on our end, the charges are actually all generated on the telephony component of your bundle.

Had we generated charges for both services? If you need us to take a look, we'd be happy to do so. Send us a PM with your account details. We need your full name, DOB and account number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos