Searching...
Accepted Solution

NBN Suspended

MikeCallahanVic

Hi, I've been with Optus Broadband for many years and transfered toOptus NBN, about the same time we transfered 5 mobiles phones and seem to have paid the phone bill twice and not the NBN - it got suspended.

About 7 days ago we worked out why it wasnt working, paid the bill by telephone and were advised it would be back on in 20 minutes - 24 hours'. OK thats our mistake fair enough. Since then we have called 11 times for circa 40 minutes + and each time get:

"OK, the account was suspended, we've removed the suspension and you will be back on line in an hour or two... we will call you back in an hour.." It never comes back on and the phone conversation is always the same, so i went to the shop in Southland, so they called - and got the same. They assured me someone would call in an hour. Again we've heard nothing, the person in the shop said the don't know what to do if it doesn't come back on.

I've called again, and got the exactly the same story today (SAturday). I politely asked to speak to a supervisor and after 15 minutes of asking the same person came on line and said he was the supervisor, then admited he was the same person (very 'Faulty Towers').

I speak to Mumbia every time and thats fine, but they never fix it. 

Does anyone know where I can call to get help? as I'm trying to stay sane but finding it very bizarre.

cheers

MC

Re: NBN Suspended

SillyGogo

Hi @MikeCallahanVic

Welcome to the forum, I suggest you PM a moderator with your details. You can find a moderator from other posts, look for the tag Moderator after their name. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Right here → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

@MikeCallahanVic

We'll try and help out Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

MikeCallahanVic

Thanks I went to the Optus shop and they tried to work it out. In the end it was the same as every other time and it was suggested I go to the ombudsman. Thank you for the responses. MC

Highlighted

Dan_C

Hmm, our retail agents don't have access to systems that'd allow them to remove an account suspension. I've offered to help with this one @MikeCallahanVic. It's completely up to you, I'm confident that I'll be able to help.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: NBN Suspended: Use Telstra for Business, Optus service is non existent.

MikeCallahanVic

The shop called tech support and got the 13-14 accounts up on the screen. It's actually still not up - 2 weeks later! and for 2018, it's quite amazing. I have spoken to them again about 5 times. Tech support is handled out of India and Billing and Payments out of Manila. The latest was a "guaranteed back on line in 6 hours - 100%" on Monday (when we were told to call back as the department in Manila was open). Then Tuesday I called again and was told that it was still suspended and had been excalated to the next level (?response group) - and we will call you very shortly". 

Catch this: "They will sort it out in (GET THIS) - 3-5 days", now that's a high tech group, thank god we didn't get the low response group. I have taken to recording all the information and now have enough for a mini thesis on how not to run a company. It's fascinatingly bad. It's nearly as good as last year when they 'installed' it and the it didn't work (turned out it wasnt connected to the street) and the Australian lady from Optus called and her opening line was (in aggressive tone): "So what's ya problem... Whadda ya want us ta do?,  Luckily I was on loud speaker and my older kids heard it otherwise my wife wouldn't believe me. I've already told about 800 people and now making a website/youtube as it's sensational, but seriously if you're considering whether to use Optus or Telstra for business you've just got to go Telstra, Optus is like a mower without a motor, they'll sell you anything, but that's it. It's OK for domestic and I can survive without it, but could not afford to be out of service in business for two weeks. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos