cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Jai-Jai
New Contributor

NBN Routers & Service with 4G Backup

Hi Optus Staff and Forum Members,

I think this has been asked before, but could please the Optus Staff reading my comments below raise them with the highest levels at Singtel Optus including the Broadband Product Offering Managers at Optus?

I have been a faithful, long-term Optus HFC Cable & home VOIP customer and just received a letter advising that my street in Panania NSW will have NBN FTTC installed in the coming months.  A lot of my friends, many other Optus customers and I would like Optus to offer a NBN router and service with 4G (and 5G when available) backup.

Vodafone and Telstra have this offering.  For Optus customers it will mean no dropouts to their internet service when the NBN looses connectivity and I have been reading that this happens a lot.  Implementing this type of offering will make Optus competitive and keep customers happy.

Hope to hear some positive developments on my suggestion (which I think many others also have).

Kind regards,

Mr Wish We Had A Fully Optical Fibre & Non Dropping Out NBN

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: NBN Routers & Service with 4G Backup

If you are suffering "NBN FTTC Drop outs", this means your internal copper is not up to scratch. By this, I mean you lose the chain link and VDSL light on your NBN FTTC NTU.

If your drop outs, aren't from there, but are your router WiFi, then getting 4G backup won't solve this problem.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors