cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN Landline not working

Keep at them.  Call Support during business hours. I found the out if hours and live chat support to be useless. Failing that, contact the Telecommunications Ombudsman. 

Check the the compatibility of you phone. My Uniden was not compatible - something I only found out when the technician was on site. The Panasonic I have now works fine v

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Having same issue for 2 months now and logged issue 12 times in 2 months. At some point the CEO and Chairman need to be held to account with a class action. This has a massive impact on our business with still no response.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

As I’ve mentioned before - Keep at them. Call Support during business hours. I found the out if hours and live chat support to be useless. Failing that, contact the Telecommunications Ombudsman.

I know how frustrating this can be.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Landline isnt working
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey there eva-rose,

Please let us know what troubleshooting have you done? 

What suburb/postcode are you located in? Have you checked for any known outages? Enter your location and tick the Fixed outages box to have a look if that’s the issue.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I went online to my account and checked the caller id was switched on. It is. There are no outages (otherwise the phone would be dead). I am in Mascot, NSW. This was working up until a few weeks ago.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Would have be great if someone had told me about the Uniden phones as I have one someone was supposed have rang me back no one did... this is the first answer i've received .. have had no landline for nearly 4 weeks???? Now ive got to purchase a new phone?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi tigerstoroar, I posted a reply a few days ago but it was rejected as spam, I am new to yes crowd, I unintentionally kept posting the same reply multiple times because I was not familiar with the REPLY and the QUICK REPLY function, I was using the REPLY function instead of using QUICK REPLY, I was confused because when I used the REPLY function my reply was not showing up in the thread so I mistakenly thought that it was an error & so I kept posting my reply again & again until I realized that if I wanted my reply to show up on the thread I had to use the QUICK REPLY button, I'm so sorry for my unintentional spam, it was not my intention, I just wanted to share my experience to help others,I have re-posted my original post below.

I was having the same exact problem, optus sent me an NBN modem in the mail, after connecting the NBN modem to my router I noticed that the internet on my laptop was working but not on my other portable devices, the phone line was not working either & I could not get into my routers http://192.168.0.1 Settings, I too have a uniden phone so after reading your post I too thought that my uniden phone was not compatible with the NBN modem, I tried everything, I followed all the instructions, I switched cables around, I reset the modem & the router but nothing worked, until I decided to switch the ethernet cable coming from the NBN box to another socket port on the router, on the router I switched the plug from the ethernet port to the Fiber port, after about a minute everything started to work, the internet on my devices worked & even my wireless uniden phone started working, so it wasn't incompatible after all, and this whole time I was considering buying a new phone, I hope this helps others out there having the same issue.

"don't call the cable company, they'll just put you on hold" jk

This is how my connections looks like on my router:

Optus Router.jpg

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Thanks @MediaSock

When networking rule 101 is know your inputs and outputs. The NBN comes into your other box (not the one in the photo) it outputs to the router (in your photo) . The FIBRE plug is the input for that device. Every other plug (ETH? and Phone) and outputs. You have your Uniden connected to Phone 1 so that's now working. All your other devices are connecting over the wifi. If you have some devices you want max speed / stability then connect them via the ETH ? plugs (e.g connect a PC to ETH1).
0 Kudos