cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor australiasquare
New Contributor

NBN Home Phone issue with newly received modem

I have recently come off a previous NBN/Home phone packaged plan, so I've moved to a new plan now.

A new Fetch TV box & a new NBN modem delivered by courier.

Installation was smooth sailing until I realised that the 'phone' LED ligth remains off.

Logged on to the 192.168.0.1 admin page, and it says 'Phone 1' & 'Phone 2' SIP status as 'Disabled'.

On my latest bill showing the new plan, it shows my home phone number. Anyone has any idea who to call? I just called a number on the NBN model manual's Phone page, and had to go through a very long list of IVR menus, and put into a long on-hold queue... so I hung up and spoke to someone on the online chat.

Unfortunately that person was a Mobile sales person and couldn't transfer my chat to relevant team. Anyone had similar issues after receiving a new modem? Any idea how to get home phone working again, or at least who to call?

10 Replies
RetiredModerator Steph_C
RetiredModerator

Re: NBN Home Phone issue with newly received modem

Sorry about all the trouble with your phone service @australiasquare! Were you able to get this sorted? If not, please touch base with our tech support guys on 1300300427 or get in touch here so our tech support guys can investigate further.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor australiasquare
New Contributor

Hi @Steph_C,

I was able to eventually speak to someone in the maze of IVR menus.

Not sure if the number I called is what you have mentioned, but the tech support person was very helpful.

While he couldn't fix it on the spot, he got it to the right people to sort out on that evening.

Again it would have been better if the configuration was done correctly on the modem when it was sent to me - because Optus has my account/plan details that I have landline service. And the new NBN modems provide landline service via SIP.

But the modem said both SIP1 and SIP2 ports were disabled. The tech support must have remotely pushed config changes to the modem.

Anyhow all is well. Thank you for following it up.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Steph_C
RetiredModerator

Ah! Great news - glad you were able to get it sorted, sorry about all the hassle getting to this point though. Do let us know if you ever need a hand with anything else down the track 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Geoffa56
Occasional Contributor

I am having similar issues.... Moved to NBN and internet was working while NBN technician was still on premise. Very promising.

But Phone is not working. Good steady green light and even get dial tone. But when I dial a number I get busy tone. And when I ring it I get a message to check the number and try again!!!!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Steph_C
RetiredModerator

If that's the case it's definitely best to touch base with our tech support guys on 13 13 44 or via Live Chat to get this looked into @Geoffa56, to ensure it isn't the same issue as @australiasquare had.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Big_Pappa_Smurf
New Contributor

Exactly the same issue, changing from old Entertainment Package to Ultra Entertainment, received replacement/New MODEM don't undertstand why I have a new MODEM, old one works perfectly). Now 3rd day without any phone. 2-3 hours over two days with Tech Support. Same Phone SIP1 Disabled. I don't mind technology not working straight away - It's a part of life. I do mind having to make contact over and over again to get things fixed.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Big_Pappa_Smurf
New Contributor

After 3 attempts to Tech team - If you are experiencing similar situations ask Optus Tech to check : “Number is not provision in the SIPS domain.” Tech team may not be able ”to provision it as the tools are not accepting my request” They may need to create a fault report for the case (adds more delays and inconvenience). All this for a replacement MODEM.
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Oh no 😞 Not the kind of experience we'd want you to be having @Big_Pappa_Smurf.

If you'd like us to follow this up and take a closer look at what's going on, we can. Please PM me with your account number/username or fault ref # and we can check it out for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Rawel1
New Contributor

Hi, I got the same issue. Just spent half hour on a chat without result. Are you able to enable it or know someone who can?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors