Searching...

My modem says my password is incorrect

boxercox

All of a sudden my optus cable broadband account has disconnected and it tells me that the password is incorrect.   I know its not. I have the Optus card in front of me.  I have turned it of and on again to no avail.

Any thoughts. Really really annoying

Re: My modem says my password is incorrect

Yeldarb

i assume this is the WiFi password you are having troubles with? Should that be the case have you tried removing the network from your device and adding it back?

petergdownload

Are you able to login to the modem settings? 

Is this the password you are refering to?

Peter Gillespie

Yeldarb

I didn't think cable requires authentication and the only card I can think of is the SSID and Wifi password that comes on a printed card in the box. Maybe a modem reset will be in order if it is in fact the WiFi password they are talking about as the won't be able to access the router admin without it unless the have a hard wired connection. 

0ptusUser86

This happens regularly with my Optus modem. I can use Ethernet. However when it states wifi password incorrect, it does this on 3 phones 3 computers  and 2 iPads/tablets. I cannot use wifi unless I disconnect the Ethernet line to from modem and restart the modem multiple times. 

petergdownload

Sounds like a faulty modern.

Contact Optus and request a replacement.

Peter Gillespie

Mumlife

This is happening to us. Hubby went to all the trouble of connecting our fetch box via Ethernet then all other devices no longer had the correct password to wifi. Was it a faulty modem? 

sotosoto

Hi buddy, just try to connect via WPS and then you can reset. Hopefully this helps. Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
28 Kudos