cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor boxercox
New Contributor

My modem says my password is incorrect

All of a sudden my optus cable broadband account has disconnected and it tells me that the password is incorrect.   I know its not. I have the Optus card in front of me.  I have turned it of and on again to no avail.

Any thoughts. Really really annoying

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My modem says my password is incorrect

i assume this is the WiFi password you are having troubles with? Should that be the case have you tried removing the network from your device and adding it back?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Are you able to login to the modem settings? 

Is this the password you are refering to?

Peter Gillespie

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't think cable requires authentication and the only card I can think of is the SSID and Wifi password that comes on a printed card in the box. Maybe a modem reset will be in order if it is in fact the WiFi password they are talking about as the won't be able to access the router admin without it unless the have a hard wired connection. 

New Contributor 0ptusUser86
New Contributor

This happens regularly with my Optus modem. I can use Ethernet. However when it states wifi password incorrect, it does this on 3 phones 3 computers  and 2 iPads/tablets. I cannot use wifi unless I disconnect the Ethernet line to from modem and restart the modem multiple times. 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a faulty modern.

Contact Optus and request a replacement.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor Mumlife
New Contributor

This is happening to us. Hubby went to all the trouble of connecting our fetch box via Ethernet then all other devices no longer had the correct password to wifi. Was it a faulty modem? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor sotosoto
New Contributor

Hi buddy, just try to connect via WPS and then you can reset. Hopefully this helps. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Top Contributors