Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My elderly parents have had no access to their NBN or phone how can I contact you to try and fix

My Parents had a new solar system installed last week, they turned off their Sagecom device before the mains power was turned off. 

Since turning the power back on they have had no access to internet or phone. Trying to contact Optus is impossible. 

My parents don't have the capability to download the my Optus app and only have voice plans for their phones (non optus) so i don't need to know about the 20Gb free, they wouldn't know how to use the app anyway. 

Is there some way I can talk to tech support?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: My elderly parents have had no access to their NBN or phone how can I contact you to try and fix

They will need to call Optus. Its a long wait (hours) but restoring services is a priority.

By the sounds of it they've possibly just got cable in the wrong spot (a lot of solar companies also run a cable to the modem). What NBN type do they have? If they have one which comes with a small NBN modem then what do the lights on that show?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: My elderly parents have had no access to their NBN or phone how can I contact you to try and fix

Thank you. I went to fix it, the router was cooked! They forgot to mention they had a new one in the cupboard, Internet is working now, the phone isn't. I may have to go back and check it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Good to find the cause though. Is the new router from Optus? If not then the landline phone won't work on it.
0 Kudos