Searching...

My cable modems access password keeps resets to factory defaul at random times

jjammo

Hi

Its a strange one, but my password to access my cable modem / routers (Netgear CG3000v2) seems to reset to the factory default every so often. I've tried looking for a firmware update and couldn't find one. Is it a matter of replacing modem?

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: My cable modems access password keeps resets to factory defaul at random times

Kartika

Hi @jjammo, sorry for the delay in reply. Is your modem still playing up with the password? Were you able to speak to someone in this regards since posting? Have you checked the modem settings using the IP address? Here is a link with the modem user guides if it helps. If the issue persist then you will need to raise this with Tech Support on 131344 (open 24x7) to investigate further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos