cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor PaulyT
New Contributor

My NBN modem doesn't have a cable plug

I just got my NBN modem.  I'm running cable internet at the moment.  The modem doesn't have a cable plug.  Is this a problem given I don't have an active standard ADSL phone line in the house, only a coax lead?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NBN modem

What NBN Technology are you getting at your house?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor PaulyT
New Contributor

HFC.  I managed to connect it to my netgear cable modem using the Ethernet cables that came with the box.  That's the suggested connection method that's on line, but it seems a silly reason why a secondary box is required when the netgear box is more than capable of dealing with NBN speeds, as well as it remaining as the first entry point into the house. I dont understand it?!

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

NBNCo is task with providing internet to 8 million homes. There is a lot of variation and while your equipment might be great others perhaps not so. So in the case of HFC NBN they install a line and connect a small modem at the end. This is actually NBN property and must be left with the house when you sell it. It has a single CAT port that will plug into almost any modern modern WAN port and you can configure that up as you want.
Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Top Contributors