Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My Huawei E5186 will not connect.

I have not been able to connect to my wifi since 27th March 2020.  The lights are all on, I have reset, unplugged from wall, removed sim card and re-inserted - nothing works. 

I cannot get assistance from technical support due to Covid-19 impact.  Urgently require assistance as I rely on the internet to be able to work from home.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: My Huawei E5186 will not connect.

@barbhill4 

This is public forum the Optus Staff do not have access to acoounts an d customer details.

Have you checked your Optus account for any issues?

Have you tried your mobile phone sim in the E5186?

There could be a technical issue with the modem itself or the sim.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Tigers1719,

Thanks for the quick reply.  

Have you checked your Optus account for any issues?  Yes, no issues with my Optus account.

Have you tried your mobile phone sim in the E5186? No, will give this a try.  I am also going to try the modem sim in another phone and see if it's possible to hotspot.  

There could be a technical issue with the modem itself or the sim. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the issue as my modem contract finished on 02/04/2020 so I technically own the device now.  Probably a sales technique to get me to sign up for a new modem on another contract.  Pity I can't actually speak to anyone at Optus as even their Chat/messenger service is not working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@barbhill4  If you are on a Monthly 200GB or 500GB plan the sim wont work in another device, access to those plans is via an Optus device only.
I believe the Huawei is unlocked, so if your phone sim works okay  watch your data usage as that will be coming off your phone plan.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am on a 200GB plan.  Can I use the sim in a mobile phone to hotspot the data, just to check if it's the modem that is faulty?

0 Kudos